Aviator12

Cassar vs Stevenson

Who you got?

Cassar looked awfully impressive today against Wood. Cassar is the only guy who may be quicker than Stevenson without giving up a strength advantage. Stevenson though is world class. 

I have Cassar as of today.

Too close to call at this point. Gable the bigger man and world class technician. Cassar stronger and faster.

I will guarantee either of the guys would dominate the current #1 ranked guy at the weight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cassar stronger? How would you know that? Gimme gable, his reattacks and defense are too good for cassar.

You need bench press records? Squat reports? Come on. Open your eyes

1 hour ago, OBXWrestler said:

Y’all realize Cassar lost to Garrett Hoffman a year ago, right? Gimme Gable. 

While at the moment I would pick GS, anything regarding AC from last year imo doesnt hold weight. Hes a completely different animal this year.

I feel like Cassar won't win this.

Worth noting that Wood was a age level world placer. He was not nearly as successful as Gable, but he isn't just a guy benefiting from a weak heavyweight class this year. He was a legit AA threat last year too. 

Cassar blowing through him is crazy. This isn't a guy who gets blown out and dominated. What cassar is doing is absolutely crazy. He deserves the hype. Somehow PSU has another serious title threat. 

12 hours ago, Aviator12 said:

Who you got?

Cassar looked awfully impressive today against Wood. Cassar is the only guy who may be quicker than Stevenson without giving up a strength advantage. Stevenson though is world class. 

I have Cassar as of today.

Stevenson was hyped all last year, he has still done nothing, who is this guy, will he ever wrestle D1?  ;_;

1 hour ago, DEFan79 said:

Who do we think has the better gas tank between Steveson and Cassar? Because I am thinking it may come down to that.

I would bet Steveson. You can't put on mass and maintain cardio (just ask David Taylor). It takes time to catch up. Gable has been carrying his size for awhile now. I can't recall him ever gassing. 

It also will depend on how the match goes. If Gable can use his weight advantage and move Cassar, stuff some shots, etc Cassar will be tired. Gable has powerful hips.

I expect Cassar will try to shoot from the outside and will mostly avoid the ties. He has the speed and power to take down Gable if he can catch him stepping forward. He will have to do this more than once to win though. Gable rarely gets taken down, but heavyweights typically don't shoot like Cassar...

Honestly I’m just happy this is a conversation. Coming into the year Gable was clear favorite in my mind, and he probably still is. I’m just grateful how Cassar has transformed himself and is even in the conversation.

If you would have told me after least season that Cassar would bump up to HWT, look like a monster, manhandle Nevills and Wood and be the clear contender to Gable, I would have said NO WAY.

Trying to think of a backup one year to finalist the next (yes I know I’m looking ahead).

Not a redshirt, a backup to finalist? I’m sure with some of the historians on this board they could name a few?

Gilman comes to mind recently but I don’t remember where he placed his sophomore year.

8 minutes ago, pish6969 said:

Honestly I’m just happy this is a conversation. Coming into the year Gable was clear favorite in my mind, and he probably still is. I’m just grateful how Cassar has transformed himself and is even in the conversation.

If you would have told me after least season that Cassar would bump up to HWT, look like a monster, manhandle Nevills and Wood and be the clear contender to Gable, I would have said NO WAY.

Trying to think of a backup one year to finalist the next (yes I know I’m looking ahead).

Not a redshirt, a backup to finalist? I’m sure with some of the historians on this board they could name a few?

Gilman comes to mind recently but I don’t remember where he placed his sophomore year.

4th

Off the top of my head Terry Brands in 1989?

Edited by BigTenFanboy

21 hours ago, pish6969 said:

Too close to call at this point. Gable the bigger man and world class technician. Cassar stronger and faster.

I will guarantee either of the guys would dominate the current #1 ranked guy at the weight

No way Cassar is stronger than Steveson. Stoll has never impressed me.

Edited by TobusRex