Sign in to follow this  
unbiased

Lehigh at Iowa

I’ve been building a number of databases the last few years, really kind of following the late Jay Hammond’s lead on the concepts he had with wrestlingstats. I’ve had to teach myself MySQL. Several of my free lists are at almanac.mattalkonline.com.

Thanks for all the work you put into wrestling. Building a database is no joke. I’ve had to learn to use Microsoft Access at work and it can be quite complicated. Teaching yourself to database is quite the accomplishment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 1993 LU-PSU dual featured the Nittany Lion going onto the mat to erase the marks caused by Kolats shoulders as he pushed himself off the mat. That is to say everyone in RecHall, except the ref saw that when Cary did that backflip thing out of a single leg, McCumber caught and pinned him. Multiple time LU NCAA place winners Cassidy and Hepp Lost close bouts to Sunderland and Bob Hart, NCAA finalists.

Worst injury situation ever might have been Bloomsburg 1971-72. 35 Guys on the roster. Entered ES(not yet U)U open with like 14 healthy guys. Scrimaged Lehigh the next day. Left the Sheridan wrestling room with 9 guys healthy enough to compete. The lost Shorty Hitchcock and Ron Sheehan (and one other eventual NCAA place winner) over the weekend. That week they decided to suspend the entire season, NCAA gave everyone an extra year of eligibility. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I didn't notice one offensive point scored by Lehigh, just neutral points:  No takedowns, no backs, no reversals.  If so, it's the first meet I ever saw with one team being held to no offensive points.  I remember a high school dual meet in 1961 that our team won 67-0.  Can't remember any offensive points then, either, but that was a looong time ago.