Housebuye

100% Bonus Rate

A bunch of these guys have ranked match ups this weekend

Nolf: 7-0 - vs #20 - 95% he wins by bonus

Bravo-Young: 6-0 - May have #6 at 125 Milhof. If that occurs, bonus is possible, but it will be tough. He will probably take less chances too (understandably)

Yianni: 3-0  - Wrestles Alber this weekend. Alber is tough and hard to bonus, plus it is Yianni's first real opponent since NCAAs and surgery

Cenzo: 7-0 - He has AA at 157 (7th) Shields. Shields rarely gets bonused, but it wouldn't be the most shocking outcome in the world. 

Rasheed: 7-0 - Norfleet isn't top 20 technically right now, but he is an NCAA qualfier and a dark horse AA candidate. He is excellent on the feet, but terrible on bottom, so Rasheed could very well give up a couple takedowns and still win by bonus

I think at least 1 of these guys falls this weekend off of the 100% bonus list

On 12/13/2018 at 3:37 PM, Housebuye said:

A bunch of these guys have ranked match ups this weekend

Nolf: 7-0 - vs #20 - 95% he wins by bonus

Bravo-Young: 6-0 - May have #6 at 125 Milhof. If that occurs, bonus is possible, but it will be tough. He will probably take less chances too (understandably)

Yianni: 3-0  - Wrestles Alber this weekend. Alber is tough and hard to bonus, plus it is Yianni's first real opponent since NCAAs and surgery

Cenzo: 7-0 - He has AA at 157 (7th) Shields. Shields rarely gets bonused, but it wouldn't be the most shocking outcome in the world. 

Rasheed: 7-0 - Norfleet isn't top 20 technically right now, but he is an NCAA qualfier and a dark horse AA candidate. He is excellent on the feet, but terrible on bottom, so Rasheed could very well give up a couple takedowns and still win by bonus

I think at least 1 of these guys falls this weekend off of the 100% bonus list

All 6 PSU guys kept their bonus streaks alive this weekend.  When is the Yianni vs. Alber match?

On 12/7/2018 at 8:07 PM, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

In Gable's junior year he wrestled 29 official matches:

25 won by pin

2 won by forfeit

2 won by decisions (Scores were 12-1 and 25-6)

Yes and his senior year other than the legendary finals loss he bonused everyone Except when he bumped up a weight to wrestle the NCAA champion.

10 hours ago, Cradle1 said:

Yes and his senior year other than the legendary finals loss he bonused everyone Except when he bumped up a weight to wrestle the NCAA champion.

Yes, that was Oklahoma's Mike Grant, who incidentally gave Owings his only loss that year.  Grant was an undefeated NCAA champ in 1969, but had 2 losses in 1970, when he again repeated as champion.  One was the 9-4 loss to Gable that you mentioned.  Don't know who the other loss was to (anybody????).

32 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Yes, that was Oklahoma's Mike Grant, who incidentally gave Owings his only loss that year.  Grant was an undefeated NCAA champ in 1969, but had 2 losses in 1970, when he again repeated as champion.  One was the 9-4 loss to Gable that you mentioned.  Don't know who the other loss was to (anybody????).

looks like Carl Adams beat him in conference finals. 

http://www.wrestlingstats.com/big8/pdf/Big 8-1970.pdf

42 minutes ago, KTG119 said:

looks like Carl Adams beat him in conference finals. 

http://www.wrestlingstats.com/big8/pdf/Big 8-1970.pdf

Thanks, KTG119.   And, IIRC, Owings bumped up 2 weight classes and pinned Adams in a dual the next year (when Adams won the first of his 2 NCAA tiles).  The late 60's/early 70's is one of my favorite eras of NCAA wrestling - lots of great competitors back then.

Zahid is our. Nobody got bonuses :)

I like this topic but it’s unfortunately as much about the competition as the wrestler. If Hall is undefeated this year he’ll have accomplished a heck of a lot more than the typical NCAA champ just by virtue of having to beat Zahid 2x (most likely story). 

On 12/9/2018 at 11:16 AM, Gantry said:

11-0 with 10 pins, really impressive redshirt year for Cass

I was just looking at his stats before I came to this topic and saw folks had already posted.   Cass and Gable have 3 common opponents, Cassiopi pinned them all in the first period and Gable had a dec, major and a TF of the same 3.    

15 hours ago, BigTimeFan said:

Zahid is our. Nobody got bonuses :)

I like this topic but it’s unfortunately as much about the competition as the wrestler. If Hall is undefeated this year he’ll have accomplished a heck of a lot more than the typical NCAA champ just by virtue of having to beat Zahid 2x (most likely story). 

For sure, but same could be said for being undefeated. 

According to WrestleStat as of 12/17/2018. Some starters were removed from the injury list and are now included.  

I did see one wrestler in the DB with a record of 6-7 with 100% bonus. I looked at his detailed record and five of his losses were bonus. We almost had someone who was 100% bonus both ways.

Spencer Lee

Seth Gross

Roman Bravo Young (WS still has an INJ Default listed as non-bonus in the database)

Josh Terao

Yianni Diakomihalis

Nick Lee

None

Jason Nolf

Fredy Stroker

Vincenzo Joseph

Alex Marinelli

Zach Finsilver

None

Shakur Rasheed

Bo Nickal

Billy Miller

16 minutes ago, Zebra said:

According to WrestleStat as of 12/17/2018. Some starters were removed from the injury list and are now included.  

I did see one wrestler in the DB with a record of 6-7 with 100% bonus. I looked at his detailed record and five of his losses were bonus. We almost had someone who was 100% bonus both ways.

Spencer Lee

Seth Gross

Roman Bravo Young (WS still has an INJ Default listed as non-bonus in the database)

Josh Terao

Yianni Diakomihalis

Nick Lee

None

Jason Nolf

Fredy Stroker

Vincenzo Joseph

Alex Marinelli

Zach Finsilver

None

Shakur Rasheed

Bo Nickal

Billy Miller

I’ve been looking manually weight by weight. Is there a report you can customize to just pull this info? Where are you getting it?

edit: stroker won by decision yesterday

Edited by Housebuye

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

I’ve been looking manually weight by weight. Is there a report you can customize to just pull this info? Where are you getting it?

edit: stroker won by decision yesterday

I just select starters and look through the list. Since the percentages are on the right side I can quickly scroll through looking for any place with two 100% together. 

Any losses or non-bonus wins will be accounted for in the report next week.   

3 hours ago, Zebra said:

Spencer Lee

Seth Gross

Josh Terao

Yianni Diakomihalis

Nick Lee

None

Jason Nolf

Fredy Stroker

Vincenzo Joseph

Alex Marinelli

Zach Finsilver

None

Shakur Rasheed

Bo Nickal

Billy Miller

Finesilver had a one-point win at the Cleveland Open this weekend. 

47 minutes ago, CholleyVandine said:

Again I am certain that when the WS database is updated this week and I update next week, all non-bonus wins will be accounted and the appropriate wrestlers will be removed.

2 hours ago, CholleyVandine said:

Which Finesilver?  There are four of them on Duke's roster.  One of them, I think, is 1-0 on the year last time I looked.