Sign in to follow this  
Gantry

Demetrius Romero

Can someone think of something more recent than Caldwell/Metcalf where a guy teched someone and lost to them the same season?  Let alone the next day?  I'm sure there are more examples, let's see who has a better memory than me...

9 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Can someone think of something more recent than Caldwell/Metcalf where a guy teched someone and lost to them the same season?  Let alone the next day?  I'm sure there are more examples, let's see who has a better memory than me...

I know there have been a few significant turnarounds at the NCAA tournament itself where a guy has avenged a bad loss in a placement bout rematch but I can't pull any of the specifics. 

Going back a while, but Kendall Cross and the Brands bros. Cross junior year he got hammered 19-9 by Tom in dual, then won 1-0 in NCAA semi. Senior year vs Terry he won their 1st dual 15-10 then got blitzed 25-10 next time they met.

Preston Weigel (Oklahoma State) teched Kyle Conel (Kent State), 16-0 in 2:57 on January 21st last season.

Conel beat Weigel 5-0 in the first round at NCAAs. Weigel was injured, but the way Conel wrestled the rest of the tournament, who knows?

4 hours ago, Gantry said:

Tariq Wilson was close last year.  Won by major over Brock (OK St) in NCAA Qtrs, after being teched in the dual.