Sign in to follow this  
NJDan

Kinda wacky, but cool Dake training video

I think there is some truth to some of these natural approaches, but a lot of them it simply is the placebo effect. Dake is obviously a smart guy and he admits it could simply be the placebo effect. But even if it is, as long as it makes him feel good, I say go for it. You’ve got to commend his discipline and his commitment to doing all the little things right. He’s got to be one of the most discipline guys I’ve ever seen. Ever notice how low he stays in his stance, and that he always makes contact with his head first and never reaches? That is very impressive that he will not compromise his position 

So much of competing at your best is about your mental preparation. If this is how he chooses to prepare and it gets him in the best physical/mental condition possible then awesome. It's working for him and it's part of the entire equation. Seems to be a heck of a lot more effective than drinking diet mountain dew, eating kettle chips and playing video games.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Keeping your mind and body sound is so important and it looks like that's what Kyle is doing.  Our society needs to let our body heal itself(when possible) instead of going to the local hospital for a drug which simply masks the problem and long term hurts the body.  Not sure about the mental approach(although I can't see how it can hurt especially based on Kyle's performance) but the Chiropractic makes total sense.

Dake seems to have really developed his power game over the last couple of years. Not that he wasn't powerful in the past, but he has cranked up his high amplitude scoring to the point where he might be the most dangerous guy on the team in this respect. Look at his match history with the Russian and the difference between then and now is obvious. One could just chalk it up to experience, or Dake just having a great tournament at the right time but it does appear that changing up his training to this somewhat kinesthetic approach has been a good move for him. I'm not sure if these kinds of methods work for everyone, but those that it does work for seem to excel in the explosive movements / areas.     

Dake is a physical freak. He just physically dominates guys, even in matches he loses. Wonder how much he benches?

I wonder how many takedowns Dake gave up in his college career. Less than 20, maybe?

Edited by TobusRex