Sign in to follow this  
Glane18

Props to Flo for the respect

I was looking for Ironman brackets on Flo Arena today and emailed Flowrestling trying to find it.  They responded within a couple of minutes and apologized for not having the brackets and sent me a direct link to the Trackwrestling Ironman brackets.  I know those companies compete and have had some public words against each other, but I thought it was a very cool move by Flo that others should know about.  

On 12/8/2018 at 1:50 PM, MadMardigain said:

Yeah it does throw things of a look when Flo has the live feed, but doesn’t have the brackets for an event.  At least we know the other place to look.  Between them we usually can find over 95% of the brackets which he is nice. 

Track never works for me. I can never see the brackets at that site, and I'll be damned if I'm going to pay them a subscription just to look at wrestling brackets. Also FLO is dropping the ball in linking people to ANOTHER site to cover stuff they should be covering themselves.

15 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Also FLO is dropping the ball in linking people to ANOTHER site to cover stuff they should be covering themselves.

Not sure what you mean by this. Track/Flo don't decide they're running an event. The people running the event decide which software to use. 

Filming is a separate decision. Generally, if you use Flo and want to film you will also use Flo here. If you use Track the decision for filming is more wide open.  Flo filming is a valid option for Track running the event. Sometimes, Flo will shadow run the event. I remember one time they did this and the on-decks were very inconsistent. They have to see what Track does and then play catch -up.

7 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

Not sure what you mean by this. Track/Flo don't decide they're running an event. The people running the event decide which software to use. 

Filming is a separate decision. Generally, if you use Flo and want to film you will also use Flo here. If you use Track the decision for filming is more wide open.  Flo filming is a valid option for Track running the event. Sometimes, Flo will shadow run the event. I remember one time they did this and the on-decks were very inconsistent. They have to see what Track does and then play catch -up.

What I'm saying is if FLO is covering an event, then they should post the brackets for that event on Arena, and not something that links to Track. That's just lazy. I'm not paying FLO to get linked to a site where I can't see the brackets unless I pay for a membership.

4 hours ago, TobusRex said:

What I'm saying is if FLO is covering an event, then they should post the brackets for that event on Arena, and not something that links to Track. That's just lazy. I'm not paying FLO to get linked to a site where I can't see the brackets unless I pay for a membership.

Not 100% sure but if Flo has the video but not the brackets, which are on track, I bet there is a reason they dont have them and they are not just being lazy. They may not be able to do so. I would imagine they would love the traffic having the brackets would provide them. IMO

6 hours ago, TobusRex said:

ConnorsDad beat me to it but to repeat myself, Flo doesn't get to decide if they are doing the brackets. Flo does filming and Flo does tournament management. The hosts can decide on both of these independently. In this case, the hosts decided to have Flo film and Track manage. If you don't like this- complain to/about the hosts not to/about Flo. I realize complaining about Flo seems to be a favorite pastime of some here and when the stream goes down is probably deserved but it has nothing to do with this scenario.

9 hours ago, gimpeltf said:

ConnorsDad beat me to it but to repeat myself, Flo doesn't get to decide if they are doing the brackets. Flo does filming and Flo does tournament management. The hosts can decide on both of these independently. In this case, the hosts decided to have Flo film and Track manage. If you don't like this- complain to/about the hosts not to/about Flo. I realize complaining about Flo seems to be a favorite pastime of some here and when the stream goes down is probably deserved but it has nothing to do with this scenario.

Ah, I wasn't aware there was some kind of licensing issues regarding the brackets. Wow, shows how out of touch I am. Thanks for the info.

I'm not sure if licensing is exactly the right term in all cases but basically yes. Some of the larger events that I do- Super32, NHSCA are contracted. I like to think that the fact that Lee and I use Flo are the reasons these groups contract with Flo but they do have actual contracts. Most of the rest of my events hire me and I use Flo. A couple have become contracted (at a lower level than the first two) but most are just run independently. If they would decide they'd rather go with Track then they would get someone else. In most all cases, events are run by locals and they decide how to run them. 

One other thing that may not be obvious to people who are not in the back end of track wrestling is that track provides a way better platform for not only registering people but sending emails out to coaches to input Tournament results that the tournameny seems pertinent which will enable seeding and bracket construction and so on. Yes Flo Arena enables you to register for a tournament but not that I have seen can they send out multiple emails to multiple coaches to enter their athletes weights,   Tournament results, record and so on and so forth. Sorry about the grammar but I'm voice texting