MatFan1111

Walsh Ironman

Going into day two of probably the toughest high school tournament, with 16 of the top 25 ranked teams, the top 5 teams are: Blair 162.5, Wyoming Seminary 102.5, Lake Highland Prep 71.5, LaSalle OH 68 and St. Eds 67. Blair has 9 wrestlers in the semis and could have one of the strongest high school teams ever.

1.) This morning's feed is so choppy that its unwatchable.

2.) The last thing I want to hear are the announcers (even if they're joking), bringing more "speech repression" bullcrap into the commentary.  Yes.  I'm talking about the latest PETA crap that they spewed online the other day, about how they are insisting folks change their idioms/figures of speech away from animal references and to be something different.  I.e. according to PETA, you can't say "Beat a Dead Horse" or "Kill two birds with one stone".  

Whether you agree or not is irrelevant.  The sheer fact that this has been brought into the video commentary, within 48-72 hours of PETA's announcement, and then is prompting people like me to say "why?" is preposterous.  Stick to wrestling commentating.  I have zero desire to hear your personal opinions/thoughts/comments on anything but wrestling.  Flo is not your little political commentary pulpit.  Knock it off.  If you want to say something, go to forums like these and discuss how you think it's "good" for political commentary to make it into wrestling match play-by-play.

I'm trying to watch some of the matches that I missed.  The recorded videos have such low quality.  I wonder if the guys at Flo see this and are satisfied with what they're giving their customers???  They have to be a little embarrassed if that's the best they can do.  I'm usually Pro-Flo, but man this can't be their best effort.  

Edited by Chrissn2001

Pretty tight race to finish in the top 25 this year with five teams seperated by one point. Based on the results, head to heads, common opponents, and placements, looks like it will be a dog fight this year DI in Ohio and I can't help but feel for all those DII runner ups the last twenty years that would like to have a crack at the field in 2019. With that said I love the Ironman tournament so congrats and kudos to those who built it, those who run it, those who have competed or coached in it, those who have attended it, and for all of those that are yet to have come.

Edited by KSchlosser