Sign in to follow this  
kimura

Shut Up Casey Cunningham.....

In the last 15 seconds of 174 lb bout, the referee distinctly says, "Shut up Casey... Christ!"

What in tarnation did Casey Cunningham say to get this referee to tell him to shut up on national television during this blow out?

Did the referee forget that he was mic'd up?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Umpiring baseball years ago I stopped a game and told the home team coach he would forfeit the game unless a particular fan was removed from the stands. Gave him two minutes or he would forfeit. He started to complain and I told him 'you have 1 minute 50 seconds' - and he got two coaches to go up and get the guy out.

After the game finished more than 20 parents came by and thanked me for it. The guy was loud, profane, abusive. I don't know why any ump - or maybe in this case a referee - would tolerate that type of behavior.

Maybe next time a verbal warning to Cunningham would be in order?

7 hours ago, kimura said:

Thanks Willie.....

Does anyone have any insight as to what the issue was? What the hell did Casey say... What was he complaining about?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

I am pretty sure Casey was not happy that the ref called stalling on Hall with legs in and two or three other times called a stalemate when Hall had Kutler flat on the mat.

I liked it.  Refs are people too and coaches are non stop nagging babies over everything, myself included.

Sometimes a little shut up is warranted.  Hall had forever to improve his position with legs in and it was going nowhere.

If you're going to complain about stalemates in a match where your kid is in 100% control and your team is blowing the other out than you got it coming.