Sign in to follow this  
manyak

Alans Tournament

Some interesting results, Green loses to Baev in the semis but earns Bronze. Baev beat Kurbanaliev for gold.

Urishev beat Sharifov, eventually getting gold, and Lomtadze beats Bogomoev in the semis, placing 2nd.

Tsabalov loses early, Khinchegashvilli gets pinned early, and Green beat Cherman Valiev in the quarters.

Baitsaev wins gold, Gogaev bronze, Sharifov bronze, Ktsoev bronze, Bogomoev bronze, Geno gold.

https://www.teamusa.org:443/USA-Wrestling/Features/2018/December/10/Green-wins-bronze-at-Alans-International-in-Russia

I don’t believe Taylor has wrestled Urishev. Urishev is totally grey now and has been on the national team for over a decade, never failing to place at Russian nationals.

He’s 6-0 vs Sharifov and 0-5 vs Sadulaev and Adam Saitiev so 6-5 vs Oly Chanps. He is planning on dropping back down to 86 kg for the next Olympics, though he walks around at 94 kg.

Edited by manyak

Well, I agree that it was a very tough tourney, and I am happy that James was able to win a medal, but I wish he wasn't our lone medalist. Hopefully, Tony Nelson (who also had a number of matches) can build on this experience. I guess I would've liked to have seen some of our other number one's and two's, compete in this tourney. However, I understand that it might not have been doable on everyone's schedule.