Sign in to follow this  
BigTimeFan

Penn State vs Arizona State

My question is, will we see Hall vs Zahid? If so, who you got? I hope we see them wrestled as I’d hate  the season go by without them grappling. 

As for me, I’m firmly in the Zahid will whomp Hall camp. I will go further. I think we see a major decision. 

Every time they wrestle the score gets wider. If not for a finger in a chin strap Valencia would be undefeated in college. Can you imagine that, finishing his college career with 1 loss on a penalty.  

Now that having been said PSU wins this pretty handily. If I'm being completely honest ASU will win no more than 3 matches but someone will have to pull an upset to get the third. 

I'm very confident that these two will wrestle in the dual.  While Valencia is getting most of the confidence votes (much deserved), I believe Hall comes out on top this time.  It's hard imagining Zahid losing, but I have a hutch it will happen this time.  Something crazy is going to happen in Rec Hall and the rematch in March is going to be unbelievable.

It seems like Cael doesn't really sit guys unless there is a legitimate reason and as others have said, Zahid is a gamer who seems to like challenges (All-Star Classic last year is a prime example). I'd be really surprised if they don't go as this entire dual kind of seems like a reason to have them go at it in a marquee, early season match up. There really isn't anyone in college right now who I can see majoring Hall but Zahid does seem to have his number. My head says Zahid by 3 (6-3 or so) but my heart is obviously pulling for Hall. I do really like Zahid (can't say the same about his brother) but I'm not rooting for him over a Penn Stater. 

Not to be overshadowed but there is also Cenzo vs. Shields, and Berge (or Verkleeren) vs. Maruca. Both are pretty interesting matches. 

As phenomenal a wrestler as Mark Hall is, I don't think we ever see him beat Zahid again, while in college. Both are great technicians, but I think Hall will sit back, wait and rely too much on a counter, instead of getting to his own offense. Give me Z by 3.

Edited by Cementmixer103
Why not?

5 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

It's not all that surprising. Folk and Freestyle are different sports, plus Coon had about 50 pounds on Kyle.

Here we go with the weight difference again. I don't think Kyle would bring it up and I don't know why everyone else does.

12 minutes ago, cjc007 said:

Here's why Einstein, Snyder won an Olympic Gold at 213, not 285.

See the difference now?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Also, for the Coon match I'm pretty sure Kyle weighed in over 213.

Much to my dismay, I think Hall loses.  In the matches I've watched this year, Hall seems completely disinterested.  Valencia is on an upward trajectory, and appears to be having "fun".  Hall seems to be nonchalant, and just doing what he can to win, and not having "fun".  Those that have fun win.  Valencia wins by a smile and a half. 

ASU can win at:

125: (likely)

133: (unlikely but possible - might just be a blow out)

149: (I think Berge takes it if he goes. Not confident in Verkleeren)

174: (likely)

184: (small chance, but terrible style matchup for ASU. A takedown wouldn’t be shocking)

even if ASU pulls off a miracle and wins all 5, PSU will kill them with bonus. 

Im really looking forward to this. Every match is interesting. 

10 hours ago, JeanGuy said:

While Valencia is great there is still a long way to go for an undefeated career save a penalty point, which is a point by the way.

Short of an injury who is going to beat him? Nobody currently in the NCAA at or around his weight will do so and I do not see anybody coming in next year who will challenge him. 

And it is obviously a penalty point, that was never debatable. In fact it was a 3 point swing as he had a TD take away.