Sign in to follow this  
BigTimeFan

Penn State vs Arizona State

I mean not really. Hall rode him out in the 3rd.

Down 1-0, with no RT vs down 3-0 with :30+ are two totally different things. Hall could’ve been warned as well had Z kept up with the attacks.

Hall wrestled great but it still comes down to who is gonna score the TD.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah PSU is pretty good.

Is Berge really pronounced "Bergie"?

I was surprised they didn't overturn ASU's challenge in the Joseph/Shields match.  Or were they only challenging if it was a TD?   I don't think he was at 45 degrees for some of that NF count at least.

1 hour ago, pish6969 said:

I’m talking to the dummies that predicted a major and the other dummies that said “he’ll never beat him again”

Had no prediction but if you beat a guy by six points, it's not a major stretch to think you might beat him by 8. It's also not a major stretch to think you might only beat him by 4 or 2. Doesn't make anybody a dumbass. 

I watched the dual with a guy that wrestled at ASU with all of the upperclassmen on this team. 

He agreed with me that at best ASU would win 2 matches.  Prior to the Hall match he said Zahid (with whom he's an Eskimo Brother - tmi, I know) would lose if Hall got the first takedown.

He wasn't saying anything about Zahid's heart, it was to Hall's ability to control matches with a lead and his under-rated riding ability.

The major points that contributed to Mark Hall winning were his abandoning the duck that he was forcing in the finals match (and trying to work the slide by) and hipping into (and through) ZVs single in the 2nd.

Zahid probably hasn't been controlled like that in a folkstyle match since his early days in the Monster Garage (Sean Williams didn't do that to him in the CA State semis his sophomore year in his only CA HS loss).

Man, Penn State is really fun to watch.  Their guys are always lookig to score and it's so entertaining.  I know other teams have the same mindset, but just don't have the same talent up and down the line-up.  Hoping my team can be like that someday....Go Bono!

Hall and Valencia - what a great match.  No doubt the rematch can go either way!  I'm guessing Amine, Lewis, and others are licking their chops to break this likely rematch up!

9 minutes ago, NnN1825 said:

Man, Penn State is really fun to watch.  Their guys are always lookig to score and it's so entertaining.  I know other teams have the same mindset, but just don't have the same talent up and down the line-up.  Hoping my team can be like that someday....Go Bono!

Hall and Valencia - what a great match.  No doubt the rematch can go either way!  I'm guessing Amine, Lewis, and others are licking their chops to break this likely rematch up!

Guys this good, in large, aren’t going to wrestle for Bono.  Reality.

We keep talking Hall and Zahid, and for good reason.  But guys... Come one... RBY is gonna make a huge impact at NCAAs this year.  That kid is looking amazing right now.  I am super impressed.  I think he could beat Pletcher handily.  

Just now, treep2000 said:

We keep talking Hall and Zahid, and for good reason.  But guys... Come one... RBY is gonna make a huge impact at NCAAs this year.  That kid is looking amazing right now.  I am super impressed.  I think he could beat Pletcher handily.  

Pletcher will beat him.  RBY hasn’t run into a tree trunk like that yet.

29 minutes ago, WF89 said:

Guys this good, in large, aren’t going to wrestle for Bono.  Reality.

You may be right, but you never know.  As I said, I'm HOPING my team can be that way someday.  No doubt its a tall task, considering we haven't seem many teams like this in the history of the sport.

4 hours ago, pish6969 said:

I’m talking to the dummies that predicted a major and the other dummies that said “he’ll never beat him again”

There was really only one dummy who predicted all that :)

20 minutes ago, WF89 said:

Pletcher will beat him.  RBY hasn’t run into a tree trunk like that yet.

RBY's length is going to give Pletcher fits. I'm not going to make a prediction yet as I need more data points on RBY but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Plether beats him. I think he can be top 4 the way he's wrestling right now though.

7 minutes ago, NnN1825 said:

You may be right, but you never know.  As I said, I'm HOPING my team can be that way someday.  No doubt its a tall task, considering we haven't seem many teams like this in the history of the sport.

I don’t want to burst your bubble, but Wisconsin will probably never do better at NCAA’s under Bono than they did with Davis.

3 minutes ago, PSUMike said:

RBY's length is going to give Pletcher fits. I'm not going to make a prediction yet as I need more data points on RBY but I don't think it's a foregone conclusion that Plether beats him. I think he can be top 4 the way he's wrestling right now though.

Lizak would tech Milhoff, probably in the first period.

7 minutes ago, WF89 said:

I don’t want to burst your bubble, but Wisconsin will probably never do better at NCAA’s under Bono than they did with Davis.

Not sure how this transitioned to Bono versus Davis.  I just gave a compliment to the PSU team and admire their talent.  Am hoping my team can do that someday just like every fan hopes their team can.  

1 minute ago, NnN1825 said:

Not sure how this transitioned to Bono versus Davis.  I just gave a compliment to the PSU team and admire their talent.  Am hoping my team can do that someday just like every fan hopes their team can.  

I’m not blaming you for being a Bucky fan, just saying, Bono is going to shoot unicorns up your ass that probably won’t come to fruition.

What's with mark hall always benefiting from poor officiating? He should have been pointed for his head clubs and zahid defintely should have gotten an escape. Bad officiating all night (though hall should win that match even if the ref didn't suck)