Sign in to follow this  
BigTenFanboy

Never gave up near fall points in College

Speaking of Taylor and Dake, how about Dake? There may have been some swipes during his Freshman or Sophomore year but I don't recall ever seeing him on his back other than his finals match with Marion. He went straight to his back from Marion's double leg, but no td or backs were given and Dake eventually got the td off of that shot.

1 hour ago, custom fitch said:

Speaking of Taylor and Dake, how about Dake? There may have been some swipes during his Freshman or Sophomore year but I don't recall ever seeing him on his back other than his finals match with Marion. He went straight to his back from Marion's double leg, but no td or backs were given and Dake eventually got the td off of that shot.

A quick check (before you posted) found that Dake gave up two points in a match his freshman year (taken down to his back early in the match, which he won).  So he gave up at least those, and then I stopped looking.

1 hour ago, custom fitch said:

He gave up back points to Clarion I think - Bryan Smith

1 minute ago, TBar1977 said:

Not sure about the headlock, but he was fighting off his back for several seconds. Once he got out he pinned the guy. 

I couldn't find it at the Keystone Classic. I was thinking it was at the Southern Scuffle.

18 minutes ago, unbiased said:

I couldn't find it at the Keystone Classic. I was thinking it was at the Southern Scuffle.

Check the match vs Zac Carson of Eastern Michigan at the Keystone Classic during Nolf's Soph. year. I don't know for certain if he gave up swipes, but pretty sure that is the match where he had to fight off his back a while. I was there and it happened right in front of where I was sitting. 

Edited by TBar1977

4 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Check the match vs Zac Carson of Eastern Michigan at the Keystone Classic during Nolf's Soph. year. I don't know for certain if he gave up swipes, but pretty sure that is the match where he had to fight off his back a while. 

No back points in that match.

10 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Check the match vs Zac Carson of Eastern Michigan at the Keystone Classic during Nolf's Soph. year. I don't know for certain if he gave up swipes, but pretty sure that is the match where he had to fight off his back a while. I was there and it happened right in front of where I was sitting. 

Yes, that was the match and he did hit Nolf with a headlock but no NF was given and Nolf got the reversal out of the situation.

11 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

The transcript doesn't show a near fall but does show a td for Carson and control for about 30 seconds.

JASON NOLF WINS BY FALL 3:45

Jason
Nolf
Penn State

Zac
Carson
Eastern Michigan

PERIOD 1    
      2 Takedown 2:53
2:22 Reversal 2      
      1 Escape 2:11
1:52 Takedown 2      
      1 Escape 1:50
1:34 Takedown 2      
      1 Escape 1:31
0:58 Takedown 2      
      1 Escape 0:28
0:21 Takedown 2      
      1 Escape 0:16
0:10 Takedown 2      
  Bottom        
    PERIOD 2    
1:56 Escape 1      
1:38 Takedown 2  

3 minutes ago, unbiased said:

Yes, that was the match and he did hit Nolf with a headlock but no NF was given and Nolf got the reversal out of the situation.

I don't even think Carson got the takedown in that case.  But definitely no back points.

2 hours ago, custom fitch said:

Pretty sure Dake never gave up back points. He probably have up offensive points at all in less than 10 matches.

43 minutes ago, unbiased said:

Yes, that was the match and he did hit Nolf with a headlock but no NF or takedown was given and Nolf got the takedown out of the situation.

41 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

I don't even think Carson got the takedown in that case.  But definitely no back points.

Correct.