Sign in to follow this  
Brutus81

McBono [Spoiler]

It's his award. He has the right to throw it out.

And we have the right to call him a classless jerk. Any coach with a shred of integrity would have never let it get this far despite what the corn fed enabling fan base thinks

I'm from Florida. Never even been to Iowa. Sure, you have the right to call him a classless jerk, but I don't see why. So if he had thrown it in the garbage at his hotel room it would have been ok? To him, it's a symbol of his own failure.

And we have the right to call him a classless jerk. Any coach with a shred of integrity would have never let it get this far despite what the corn fed enabling fan base thinks

I'm from Florida. Never even been to Iowa. Sure, you have the right to call him a classless jerk, but I don't see why. So if he had thrown it in the garbage at his hotel room it would have been ok? To him, it's a symbol of his own failure.

I live in his home town. Watched him in HS he wrestled same time as my second oldest. I wouldn't say he is classless, but the podium stuff is classless. The guys he defeated in the past sat on the podium below him. They deserve the same respect when they defeat him.

Yes, throw the medal in the trash at home. There is a difference.

If you need to have class explained to you you will never understand it.

Never mind. I forgot. He is intense.

Not meaning to pile it on here, but just think of what disrespectful meant this morning to a Hawk fan. It was a radio commentator being loud and excited during wrestling matches. Clearly the lines are blurred here.

I get being a champion, and wanting nothing less than gold. I even get throwing out your second place medals...I actually think it is awesome.

HOWEVER, there is a "right" way to do this - Jumping off the podium early, and throwing the award away in a trashcan in the hallway is not it.

Having that kind of intensity is fine, but do it right. Shake hands, hold your head up for pictures, leave and throw your medal away in the hotel.

Mcd has got to go, I'm not sure if kicking the whole Iowa team out of the tournament is too extreme, but a message needs to be sent. Iowa has acted like punks for far too long...its gotta stop!

C'mon now. No action needs to be taken, I want the best to wrestle in DesMoines. McD is one of the best.

Mcd has got to go, I'm not sure if kicking the whole Iowa team out of the tournament is too extreme, but a message needs to be sent. Iowa has acted like punks for far too long...its gotta stop!

I hope you are just kidding. In case you are being serious, please stop being ridiculous. While this behavior is not sportsmanlike...it was nothing malicious and/or harmful to another wrestler...nor was it during the match (ala Metcalf v Caldwell). During the match McD held himself as a sportsman and not a sore loser - he does not deserve anything more than a talking to from the Coach for what he did...and not even so much for what he did just the way he did it.

I hope you are just kidding. In case you are being serious, please stop being ridiculous. While this behavior is not sportsmanlike...it was nothing malicious and/or harmful to another wrestler...nor was it during the match (ala Metcalf v Caldwell). During the match McD held himself as a sportsman and not a sore loser - he does not deserve anything more than a talking to from the Coach for what he did...and not even so much for what he did just the way he did it.

Im dead serious! How long does this need to continue? How many incidents need to happen? Mcd is a great wrestler, but this is over the line! Metcalf was never punished and he damn near killed Caldwell! An example needs to be made...before its too late.

This reminds me of the Swedish Greco guy in 2008. They ultimately did the same thing, but what makes the Swede's offense cause for getting bounced is that he bolted from the podium early AND threw his medal away in the same motion. McDonough had the good sense to pitch his in the corridor outside of the gym. Timing is everything in this world :)

Im dead serious! How long does this need to continue? How many incidents need to happen? Mcd is a great wrestler, but this is over the line! Metcalf was never punished and he damn near killed Caldwell! An example needs to be made...before its too late.

Wow, that escalated quickly. Maybe it's McD's fault about Olympic wrestling?

:lol:

Ok, thats taking it too far. I just want these iowa shenenigans to stop. no sense going way out in left field like you did.

Ok, thats taking it too far. I just want these iowa shenenigans to stop. no sense going way out in left field like you did.

"The difference between genius and stupidity is that stupidity has no limits."

Oh no, no, no. Let's keep the punishment within reason - like banning the kid from the NCAAs. :roll:

Don't forget the "Hotdogs" ;)

How many times has this happened in the past? For any wrestler of any school? I would be willing to bet quite a bit. But that was before twitter and the fb. This is not a big deal people c'mon. And keep him from wrestling ncaas? Hahahaha. Wow, just wow. The podium deal fine. It's classless and was not a good deal. The medal.......who cares? It's his. Now it's some kids who rummaged through trash. Says more about the kid rifling through trash than McDonough.