Sign in to follow this  
Brutus81

McBono [Spoiler]

Why is it so hard for some people to understand this situation.

Delgado is a terrible matchup for McDon.

McDon has ALWAYS let people in on his legs, his style is defensive funk, he normally comes out on top of those scrambles. He is not wired or trained to stop people from getting to his legs. Also, McDon has very little offense of his own....he has a diving sweep/straight single thing where he usually gets his hands locked and pulls a guy in. He can't get to Delgado's legs because Delgado is constantly backing up, faking, and/or shooting.

Delgado shoots more than anyone in the country, he knows that, it's a great strategy, he referenced it in his post match interview. He has obviously spent considerable time watching film and knows his best chance of winning, his best position, is in on shots. (well, really just one shot, a sweep single)

He has won almost every scramble with McDon and has finished an insane percentage of shots on him.

He is VERY GOOD in those splitting the middle scramble situations...he obviously has some pretty good one-on-one coaching going on in this exact situation.

McDon will not beat Delgado if he lets him in on his legs as much as he has this year, Delgado is scary good in these situations. He can get to McDon's legs whenever he wants, watch yesterday's match, it was at-will.

Didn't that Iowa backup get thrashed in the 5th place match at Midlands while Delgado won it?

At this point, it is very clear that Delgado just had a bad match against Clark.

Clark lost 8-4 in OT in the 3rd (not 5th) place match. Delgado did not win the Midlands.

Other than that, though, spot on.

Actually, despite my memory being a bit off, you're right, I still am spot on. Delgado still placed higher then Clark (2nd not 1st) and Clark lost to a guy not ranked in the top 8 for his second loss of the tournament. No one other then an Iowa homer would take Clark over Delgado in a rematch.

Just to sum up, you were wrong, but you'd still like to be considered right.

Vak, you're being obtuse, shame on you. As you are well aware, the point of bringing up Midlands was because Iowa fans keep pointing to Clark's defeat of Delgado without ever acknowledging that after that, he went on to lose twice at Midlands and Delgado placed ahead of him. You guys want to make out Clark as the next great one, but the Midlands results are contrary to that opinion, especially considering that tournament did not have many of the top 125s. You can keep saying I am wrong because I didn't remember the exact results, but the underlying premise is still very valid and you know it.

Vak, you're being obtuse, shame on you. As you are well aware, the point of bringing up Midlands was because Iowa fans keep pointing to Clark's defeat of Delgado without ever acknowledging that after that, he went on to lose twice at Midlands and Delgado placed ahead of him. You guys want to make out Clark as the next great one, but the Midlands results are contrary to that opinion, especially considering that tournament did not have many of the top 125s. You can keep saying I am wrong because I didn't remember the exact results, but the underlying premise is still very valid and you know it.

Delgado lost to CLark head to head. CLark lost at Midlands in the Semifinals (as a true frosh) to the guy who beat Delgado. You're stretching using the MIdlands results to your benefit in this argument. If you want to say Delgado just had a bad day against Clark, that's fine, but stick with that.

Fact of the matter is, Delgado is an unbelievalbe finisher. Have you ever really seen a guy finish being so extended on shots like Delgado does since Morningstar? I know that I havent at least. Give the guy credit. He has handled a 3 time finalist and 2 time champion now more than a couple times. He will be a title contender in a couple weeks for sure.

As far as the medal, who really cares. He did it away from the spotlight, and away from the crowd. Like I stated before, says more about a person rummaging through trash than McD. I mean, who in the hell goes through trash with their bare hands just to post a picture of it on a twitter page. I mean seriously. Last time I saw someone rifling through trash was last week in Philly. The guy looked a bit less classy than most wrestling fans at a B1G tournament.

Didn't that Iowa backup get thrashed in the 5th place match at Midlands while Delgado won it?

At this point, it is very clear that Delgado just had a bad match against Clark.

Clark lost 8-4 in OT in the 3rd (not 5th) place match. Delgado did not win the Midlands.

Other than that, though, spot on.

Actually, despite my memory being a bit off, you're right, I still am spot on. Delgado still placed higher then Clark (2nd not 1st) and Clark lost to a guy not ranked in the top 8 for his second loss of the tournament. No one other then an Iowa homer would take Clark over Delgado in a rematch.

I think I was only saying it could be a bad style match up for Delgados.

Of course to the PSU fans...the Iowa recruits don't stand a chance wrestling next year and the PSU recruits are coming in as #1 ranked high schoolers and will contend for Nationals right away.

As far as the medal, who really cares. He did it away from the spotlight, and away from the crowd. Like I stated before, says more about a person rummaging through trash than McD. I mean, who in the hell goes through trash with their bare hands just to post a picture of it on a twitter page. I mean seriously. Last time I saw someone rifling through trash was last week in Philly. The guy looked a bit less classy than most wrestling fans at a B1G tournament.

Exactly, why would an Iowa wrestling reporter think that McDonough fleeing the awards stand to toss his runnerup medal into a trashcan be newsworthy.

Dback... what a tool you really are.

"I mean, who in the hell goes through trash with their bare hands just to post a picture of it on a twitter page."

Wow, you are so developed... oohhh someone went through the "trash"... what a terrible person.

Gee... how low can you go to defend what MacDog did.

Here is what happened. He LOST. He acted like a spoiled child, showed NO class AT ALL... and basically followed in line with what he was taught by his mentors... and that is:

Showing class is NOT important. Only "winning" is important.

Too bad that is a very shallow and empty way to go through life. The Brands boys should be telling MAC what a childish thing he did... and make sure he never does it again. THAT would show character. But we all know that will never happen, because the so called "leaders" of that group don't have any character.

Looks like he was in a rush to get to the garbage can. Hard to believe he would throw his trophy away. I guess they really do think 2nd place is first loser at Iowa.

https://twitter.com/SamLouwagie/status/ ... 5904182272

It isn't just Iowa. According to Rappo he threw away he 2nd place medal from 2011 EIWAs and none of the Penn wrestlers keep their second place medals.

"Ask any wrestler on our team if he has any of his second-place medals. The answer is no. My 2011 Eastern Intercollegiate Wrestling Association Championships silver medal is somewhere on the shoulder of I-76."

http://www.thedp.com/article/2013/02/rappo-wrestling-the-art-of-war

The only reason people are talking about this is that a reporter pulled it out of the trash and posed a picture the picture on the internet. I'm also sure Brands or Gable wouldn't care at all. Terry Brands was penalized after losing in the 1991 NCAA final and the team point they were penalized prevented Iowa from tying the record for most team points. Gable mind and commented, "The Brands aren't the happiest losers. They aren't good losers. That's why they're good."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1119019/1/index.htm