Sign in to follow this  
BigTenFanboy

Frank Molinaro steps down from VT to focus on Freestyle career

1 hour ago, MadMardigain said:

He’s currently hanging out at the Penn St. vs Arizona St. Dual. 

Well that probably answers where he's going. He doesn't know much else. I love Frank, but can't help feeling that this is a mistake. Who am I to say he is wrong to follow his dreams though. 

52 minutes ago, WrestleNJ said:

Well that probably answers where he's going. He doesn't know much else. I love Frank, but can't help feeling that this is a mistake. Who am I to say he is wrong to follow his dreams though. 

Many thought he had zero chance of making the Olympic team in 2016, let alone take 5th.

Well I am curious to see if GHulk goes 65, or 70. But I am glad to see that he will be trying to make the team in 2019. As a former Olympian, I feel that even if he doesn't make the team, he will help us put forth the best representative. 

It seems that for a long time, being an assistant coach at a Div. I program was the usual thing most international competitors did.  Kept in the sport with plenty of workout partners and access to good training facilities and services. Some assistant jobs actually required that you still be in active competition. Even with the emergence of RTCs, people still have to earn a living.  Are the RTC packages so good these days that guys can simply do nothing but train all the time?

I wouldnt be too surprised to find out he isnt the most effective coach. 

No inside info or exact evidence of such. Strikes me as someone who would be overly competetive in the room with kids he's supposed to coach, stuff like that. Im sure he's a great workout partner in any case - as far as pushing guys and teaching technique. 

Cant knock someone for going after their dreams while theyre still young. 

Edited by iGranby

2 hours ago, iGranby said:

I wouldnt be too surprised to find out he isnt the most effective coach. 

No inside info or exact evidence of such. Strikes me as someone who would be overly competetive in the room with kids he's supposed to coach, stuff like that. Im sure he's a great workout partner in any case - as far as pushing guys and teaching technique. 

Cant knock someone for going after their dreams while theyre still young. 

But you can knock him for walking out on a team in the middle of the season.