WF89

Zeke Jones and Mark Manning

On 12/16/2018 at 9:41 PM, Ari Gold said:

How does this criticism in any way apply to Manning?

Manning has 8 top-10 NCAA team finishes (including 2 top-4 finishes), a 72% dual meet winning pct (in the Big 12 & Big 10), and a Big 12 team title, all while coaching in a state that does not produce a high amount of D1 talent.

Then of course, there is the international success of Burroughs and Green that others have already mentioned.

If anything, the correct question would be does anyone do more with less, than Manning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dont disagree on most points, but there are several schools that "do more with less" than Nebraska. At least resource wise. Same with recruiting landscape.

Lets not forget, they are a Big Ten university. That alone goes a very long way in your recruiting power. Im sure there is no shortage of money in the program's bank either. 

I dont disagree on most points, but there are several schools that "do more with less" than Nebraska. At least resource wise. Same with recruiting landscape.
Lets not forget, they are a Big Ten university. That alone goes a very long way in your recruiting power. Im sure there is no shortage of money in the program's bank either. 

Agree. Perhaps I was being a little hyperbolic with the last sentence of my reply. Nebraska certainly has no shortage or resources or money, and being in the Big Ten certainly helps recruiting.

I just vehemently disagree with the sentiment of the original post re: Manning, and stand by the rest of my post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Devils are also redshirting 4 starters this year. I don't think they initially planned on this being a "lost" year. However, with the injury to Anthony, the Mason Smith transfer not working out and probably redshirting a few other guys who should have redshirted last year left this years squat quite tin. With those four back next year, along with a top 3 recruiting class and only losing Milhoff and Pagdilao I would expect the Devils to be on the brink of cracking the top 5.

>>>The results are what matters. It's been 4 yrs now. 

And .... ?       Some guys have to realize that "Top 5" isn't quite as easy as sayin "good morning" or "good night"

All ASU A/As 2011-2018

2015 4 Stauffer, Blake
2017 3 Hall, Tanner
2017 3 Valencia, Zahid
2018 7 Shields Josh
2018 7 Tsirtsis, Jason
2018 1 Valencia, Zahid