Sign in to follow this  
OBXWrestler

Kennedy Monday to 165??

On 12/15/2018 at 8:20 PM, unbiased said:

That move is intriguing.

Side note: White is an enigma. 

If White pulled out the SV match against Joseph last year in the quarters, he may have very well beaten McFadden and either way Imar would most likely be a 3xer. Instead White was DNP last year and may very well again this year. Very up and down...

Coleman Scott did confirm on his podcast “The Coleman Scott Show” that Monday’s move to 165 is permanent. McClure will be moving down to 157, but was 1 pound off weight before the dual. 

I’m a huge UNC wrestling fan (and alumni of the university). I’m excited to see what Monday brings to the table at 65. It seemed like he was cutting a ton of weight to get to 57 and was often gassed in the third period. Against White it seemed like he had much more energy towards the end of the match. One thing he needs to work on is not giving up that last takedown to lose at the end of the third period. It’s happened twice this now year to Berger in the CKLV and White in the dual. 

47 minutes ago, pretjah said:

this moves seems to be more about conference wrestling than ncaa to me.

at 157 he is AT BEST the #3 wrestler behind hidlay and rahmani

at 165 only lewis from VT is definitely above him currently

It has nothing to do with this. It is arguably bette to be in a deep weight in conferences, because there will be more qualifying spots in that weight. 

Monday was really struggling to make 157. They even considered letting him go to 174, but decided that he should stick to 165 for now. This is probably just for this season though. 

1 hour ago, SikeD said:

So I guess we won't be seeing Monday v. Monday this season.

I’m happy about that. I hate that it’s a thing. Crushing the dreams of your friends is hard enough. Your brother though? Imagine if it was in the r12! 

I understand that it can be unavoidable,  it glad to see that they won’t have to wrestle. They both seem like solid guys and hope they both AA. 

2 hours ago, goheels1812 said:

Coleman Scott did confirm on his podcast “The Coleman Scott Show” that Monday’s move to 165 is permanent. McClure will be moving down to 157, but was 1 pound off weight before the dual. 

Glad to hear that McClure can & will drop to 157.

34 minutes ago, Show_Me said:

Glad to hear that McClure can & will drop to 157.

Agree. I think it will be beneficial to him as well as he was giving up a lot of strength at 165. I’m wondering for next year if Mason Phillips will be at 157. He hasn’t wrestled any unattached this year, not sure if he’s hurt or what’s going on with that. But O’Conner at 149, Phillips at 157, Monday at 165 will solidify UNC as AA contenders at those 3 weight classes for the foreseeable future. 

Edited by goheels1812

10 hours ago, ionel said:

I think he is just scared & running away from his younger brother ;_;

Ha. His brother may develop into a stud one day but I am guessing he’s not ducking him. I did see there is a UNC - Princeton dual in early January though. Maybe little bro bumps to 65 for the match? It’s unlikely but it would be interesting though