Sign in to follow this  
Fletcher

Fix to 125 rumor?

9 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

I highly doubt that’s true, and if it is, it’s an incredibly stupid move. 

I'm just stirring the pot, I haven't heard anything about Fix to 141 and Brock to 133 :D  I can't imagine Smith jockeying around his lineup, which has looked pretty good so far.

On a related note: Brock doesn't impress me at 141. I think he's giving up too much strength and his technique isn't superior enough to compensate. I think that in going from 133 to 141 he went from a top 5 type guy to a 7th-8th place guy, and maybe even just R12.

1 hour ago, TobusRex said:

That would be okay with me but that's probably not how it would pan out. You know how the matches between the highly touted guys often pan out: both are tentative, showing too much respect for the other guy. Lots of times the highly expected matches end up being the most yawn-inducing.

Yea I hear you...

Here's one of my favorite matches of all time. Low scoring and OT with tons of action.

https://youtu.be/xeHtmOZBbzQ

17 hours ago, Ching said:

I saw Picc and Fix at the MN dual, and Picc looked a lot bigger than Fix (I know the eyeball test isn't always accurate). I don't know about the team dynamic but it didn't look like 25 would be a problem.

Picc is definitely taller, but Fix looks "denser" to me.  I still think Fix to 125 and Picc to 133 is a real possibility.  I think if a decision is going to be made, it will happen prior to the  Rutgers dual match in January

2 hours ago, DEFan79 said:

Picc is definitely taller, but Fix looks "denser" to me.  I still think Fix to 125 and Picc to 133 is a real possibility.  I think if a decision is going to be made, it will happen prior to the  Rutgers dual match in January

I think if anything Brock would go down to 133 then 141 and 149 Gfeller and Boo.  Their maximum point potential is how they have their lineup set right now.  Fix wont score more at 125, Picc will likely not get on the podium at 133.  If Fix and Brock push Picc out of the lineup it will suck because I enjoy watching Picc, kids a go-er.

Edited by rcoates1
Spelling

19 minutes ago, unbiased said:

Weigh in sheets from Reno anyone?

This is from Christian Pyles tweet.

Ok State weigh in information: Daton Fix: 132.8 (Not coming down anytime soon) Joe Smith: 173.6 Jacobe Smith: 173.6 Dakota Geer 194.0 Tea leaves says loser between the Smith's goes up to 184.

17 minutes ago, Roadkill said:

This is from Christian Pyles tweet.

Ok State weigh in information: Daton Fix: 132.8 (Not coming down anytime soon) Joe Smith: 173.6 Jacobe Smith: 173.6 Dakota Geer 194.0 Tea leaves says loser between the Smith's goes up to 184.

What did Jojo eat over the last year?  A family member?

Wouldn't Fix be the favorite over anyone at 133 other than (maybe) Gross?

At 125, he'd be the favorite over anyone but Lee. 

So the chalk has him finishing second at either weight and he would seem to have the same chance at a title at either weight.

5 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Wouldn't Fix be the favorite over anyone at 133 other than (maybe) Gross?

At 125, he'd be the favorite over anyone but Lee. 

So the chalk has him finishing second at either weight and he would seem to have the same chance at a title at either weight.

He isn't a favorite vs Micic, Suriano or Gross. An argument could be made for Tariq, but I think most of us would view that as an upset if Tariq won. 

Fix could absolutely beat those guys, but they are super good. Micic remember was going to go to senior worlds this year and has a junior world bronze. Suriano has only lost twice in college, and both were to super elite guys. Neither guy dominated him on the feet and he escaped from both guys on bottom (not every time, but still most don't ever escape from under Lee). Gross has only lost twice in 2 seasons - once to Cory Clark in the finals in a CLOSE match and once to the #2 141 pounder in a close match too. 

We still don't know if Fix's bottom game can withstand a ride like Gross's or Suriano's. Suriano holds almost everyone down when he wants to. Gross turns everyone. Fix showed he is solid on bottom vs. Lizak, so maybe this is a non issue.

1 hour ago, NJDan said:

Micic was going to the senior worlds for Serbia, right? Nothing to sneeze at, but a lot of USA guys could probably make the Serbia team.

Also: 

Daton Fix Techs Stevan Micic - YouTube

took 3rd in Euro championship representing Serbia, not too shabby

European Championship
Freestyle Seniors
2018-05-04 Kaspisk (RUS)
57.0 kg

OVERVIEW HOME

Rank   Name   Country  
  1.   Edisherashvili, Giorgi   Azerbaijan AZE
  2.   Uguev, Zaur   Russian Federation RUS
  3.   Micic, Stevan   Serbia SER
  3.   Andreev, Vladislav   Belarus BLR
  5.   Metreveli Vartanov, Levan   Spain ESP
  5.   Jaburyan, Mihran   Armenia ARM
  7.   Arakelian, Armen   Ukraine UKR
  8.   El Ouarraqe, Zoheir   France FRA
  9.   Holub, Yuriy   Israel ISR
  10.   Zamfirov, Ivan   Moldova MDA
  11.   Gogava, Otari   Georgia GEO
  12.   Peker, Ahmet   Turkey TUR
  13.   Naim Mikyay, Salim   Bulgaria BUL
  14.   Dukov, Andrei   Romania

2 hours ago, NJDan said:

Micic was going to the senior worlds for Serbia, right? Nothing to sneeze at, but a lot of USA guys could probably make the Serbia team.

Also: 

Daton Fix Techs Stevan Micic - YouTube

Then Micic beat Fix twice at the Junior World Team Trials.

https://youtu.be/0LfIMYUXL-0

12 hours ago, DEFan79 said:

Fix' hair makes up the 8-pound difference.

5 hours ago, Housebuye said:

He isn't a favorite vs Micic, Suriano or Gross. An argument could be made for Tariq, but I think most of us would view that as an upset if Tariq won. 

Fix could absolutely beat those guys, but they are super good. Micic remember was going to go to senior worlds this year and has a junior world bronze. Suriano has only lost twice in college, and both were to super elite guys. Neither guy dominated him on the feet and he escaped from both guys on bottom (not every time, but still most don't ever escape from under Lee). Gross has only lost twice in 2 seasons - once to Cory Clark in the finals in a CLOSE match and once to the #2 141 pounder in a close match too. 

We still don't know if Fix's bottom game can withstand a ride like Gross's or Suriano's. Suriano holds almost everyone down when he wants to. Gross turns everyone. Fix showed he is solid on bottom vs. Lizak, so maybe this is a non issue.

Anyone decent on bottom doesn't seem to have trouble getting out from under Suriano.  Just off the top of my head: Gilman, Lee, Picc, Lizak, Lambert, Bresser, Erneste, Zach Fuentes.  Fix isn't going to have a problem escaping.

I like Fix in a close 2-1 match.  Suriano probably will get dinged for stalling.