Sign in to follow this  
CoachDoss

133 S. Parker

**** That is what we are hearing from the Lehigh camp.  Really looking forward to his return, as he is a 2X AA.  Lehigh has had as many as 6 potential starters out of the line up so far with injuries.  Hopefully 4 will be back in action for the South Beach Duals as some are entered at the Wilkes Open (141 Karam, 149 Schuyler, 165 Wolf and 184 Preisch).  Hopefully if all 4 are at Wilkes they will also be ok for the SBDuals,  where,Lehigh wrestles (Minnesota, Missouri, North Carolina and Virginia). Additionally, Chris Weiler is entered at Wilkes after dropping from 197.  He will be a very credible 184, if Ryan Preisch is not able to return until 2nd Semester.

Dr.  Novak is messin' with us, Housebuye.  I'm just playing along.  Although, Cornell did have a wrestler a couple of years back who graduated, still had eligibility, and then went to Lehigh to wrestle as a grad student - so there is precedent for this.

Edited by red blades

1 hour ago, red blades said:

Dr.  Novak is messin' with us, Housebuye.  I'm just playing along.  Although, Cornell did have a wrestler a couple of years back who graduated, still had eligibility, and then went to Lehigh to wrestle as a grad student - so there is precedent for this.

Yeah I didn’t look at the username. Now I’m embarrassed and ashamed. Sorry everyone 

On 1/11/2019 at 11:01 PM, gimpeltf said:

Not that I'm expecting him to wrestle anytime soon if at all but Scotty is still on the roster. Matty isn't.

Scotty Parker just tweeted that his career is over (shoulder injury).

Lehigh is now without their entire supposed lightweight starters, 125, 133, 141 all done for the year or for good. They had a 5th yr 157, I believe, go out in the offseason, and Humphreys, Preisch and Wood have been banged up on and off. There are no words for this amount of bad karma.

With a loaded returning lineup and an incredibly difficult schedule, I was really looking forward to this season.  Didn't come to pass.

Lehigh's season by weight class and pre-season projected starters:

125:  Schram & Matt Parker (tendon in hand) never made it to the mat

133:  S. Parker (shoulder) never made it to the mat

141:  Karam (ACL) out for season

149:  Schuyler was out until January

157:  Ian Brown (returning starter) went on Perm Injured list (back) over the summer

165:  Cole Walter injured/out since December (I've heard back, shoulder, pinched nerve?  who knows?)

174:  Kutler tore ligaments in knee in opening bout at 2018 NCAA; rehabbed over summer instead of surgery over the summer

184:  Preisch in/out of lineup all season after getting dinged at Journeyman

197:  Gentile out of lineup from Journeyman to early January