Sign in to follow this  
russling

Barstool Sports Vincenzo Joseph Interview

10. Do you do any extracurricular activities on campus that don’t involve wrestling? 

A few of us are into roller skating. I personally enjoy shoveling sidewalks in the winter time. Some nights when I’m having trouble falling asleep, I’ll just go outside and shovel random sidewalks and driveways in State College. Sometimes people say “thank you” and sometimes people say “get off my property.” The cops have only been called on me once.

Word is Cenzo almost transferred to Rutgers to join Suriano when he was out shoveling snow..

40680684701_15e6d2852c_o_d.jpg

Edited by BigTenFanboy

14 hours ago, TobusRex said:

I'd never seen him wrestle before. I saw his name in the brackets and stuff from the big HS tournaments, though. I was surprised he was a top 5 guy. When I finally got to see him wrestle I was impressed. Old School.

The first time I saw him was in the Jr FS nationals against Pico at 138 lbs

On 12/20/2018 at 2:36 PM, russelscout said:

Really love the stuff barstool has been putting out. The wrestling stuff is new for them correct? or have I just been missing it?

Im an Iowa fan through and through, so the jealousy runs deep, but Cenzo is my favorite guy on PSU. Seems like a good dude, fun to watch, and just sooooo much better in college than I ever expected him to be. 

Who would have thought that after his Jr season, Cenzo could have cemented himself as the PSU 165er with the most NCAA Championships?  Pretty impressive!

21 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Prior to his freshman year I expected him to be a 4x AA with an NCAA title somewhere in those 4 year type of career which IMO lives up to being a top 5 recruit.

Did not expect him to have 2 NCAA titles by this point in his career, especially over IMar in line to possibly be a 4x champ. He has far exceeded my expectations heading into college.

It cracks me up when some people say that Cael is only winning because he is a great recruiter. Cael seems to get quite a lot out of his blue chippers. Turns out the guy can coach pretty well too.  It was good to hear Ben Askren also make positive comments on Cael’s coaching abilities. 

31 minutes ago, jstock said:

It cracks me up when some people say that Cael is only winning because he is a great recruiter. Cael seems to get quite a lot out of his blue chippers. Turns out the guy can coach pretty well too.  It was good to hear Ben Askren also make positive comments on Cael’s coaching abilities. 

It's just an excuse because actually admitting their favorite team's program is not as good as PSU's too difficult of a task.

On 12/20/2018 at 2:37 PM, JasonBryant said:

I'll include stuff that isn't profanity-laden into my daily newsletter. This was pretty good to include.

Problem with much of the Barstool stuff is the freaking comments. Just some outright maniacally stupid and grotesque things are posted in their comments sections. 

Bitter much?  Did Delta Airlines really damage you this badly? 

You have a newsletter?  To whom do you send it? 

Merry Christmas.

Revealing ..... Not only Joseph's sense of humor but the first pick explains why Suriano had to transfer. Suriano was "disrespected" when his teammates picked Bader. That and Joseph the freshman champ being far and away the team's premier Italian-American was too much. Another mystery of life solved on the Mat Forum.

Next question to ponder ..... who are the better wrestlers ..... Early balding guys or big hair people? And how much hair would Cael have if he let it grow? And what about wrestling prognosticators? Who do you pick .... Hirsute or glabrous?

Sent from my moto e5 play using Tapatalk

I've been following Cenzo since he was a HS freshman.  At PA states that year he placed 7th at 106 - a pretty tough weight class with Ethan Lizak, Michael Kemmerer, and Scottie Parker in the bracket.  I liked Cenzo then because he was so small but with so much poise and determination.  As a soph, Cenzo was 3rd at 120.  Cenzo kept growing.  Junior Cenzo was state champ at 138, with a bracket including Mike Kemmerer, Hayden Hidlay, and Kaleb Young.   Senior Cenzo was state champ at 152, with a bracket including Young, Josh Maruca, and Mikey Labriola.  

It ain't easy winning states in Pennsylvania.  But the more Vincenzo Joseph grew, the more he won.  

Joseph has extraordinary core strength.  And he wrestles with uncanny calmness.  He's lost a couple of matches when he just decided to get into a shoot out.  But it looks like he learned from indulging in his excesses.  Because when he wrestles within himself and under control, Cenzo looks to be pretty unbeatable.