Sign in to follow this  
russling

Barstool Sports Vincenzo Joseph Interview

I'll include stuff that isn't profanity-laden into my daily newsletter. This was pretty good to include.

Problem with much of the Barstool stuff is the freaking comments. Just some outright maniacally stupid and grotesque things are posted in their comments sections. 

Really love the stuff barstool has been putting out. The wrestling stuff is new for them correct? or have I just been missing it?

Im an Iowa fan through and through, so the jealousy runs deep, but Cenzo is my favorite guy on PSU. Seems like a good dude, fun to watch, and just sooooo much better in college than I ever expected him to be. 

Hilarious. This guy is going to go far in life, whatever path he chooses. Being able to keep everything in perspective, even at the highest levels of american wrestling, is impressive. He clearly knows how to flip the switch. 

Mark Hall is similar and I imagine the rest of the team is too for the most part.

17 minutes ago, russelscout said:

Really love the stuff barstool has been putting out. The wrestling stuff is new for them correct? or have I just been missing it?

Im an Iowa fan through and through, so the jealousy runs deep, but Cenzo is my favorite guy on PSU. Seems like a good dude, fun to watch, and just sooooo much better in college than I ever expected him to be. 

It is new. You aren't crazy.

3 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

Hilarious. This guy is going to go far in life, whatever path he chooses. Being able to keep everything in perspective, even at the highest levels of american wrestling, is impressive. He clearly knows how to flip the switch. 

Mark Hall is similar and I imagine the rest of the team is too for the most part.

Im actually pretty impressed, if true. Does the coaching staff actually encourage them to work on and role play their social skills?

2 hours ago, steamboat_charlie v2 said:

+1, was going to post them same thing.  

Hopefully KB can get some more top guys for similar content.  As long as people keep giving these articles hits, he'll have incentive to keep posting them.  

Agree with KB needing the clicks to continue with the wrestling content. Barstool Sports hired KB for his funny sarcastic blogging and social media insight. I'm not big on the social media stuff which is geared towards college age group but cant get enough of the craigslist blogs. 

5 hours ago, russelscout said:

Everybody says that about Cenzo, but wasn't he a top 5 overall recruit or something like that?

To the guys who read the article , remember this ?

"5. Do you have any pre-match rituals or superstitions? 

Our team has a little chant we repeat in the locker room before we go out to each match. I won’t go over it because it takes about 20 minutes and involves some physical activity and advanced choreography, but that is a must before every competition."

It just so happens I've found FILM FOOTAGE of the team doing that little number they do before matches. Check it out.

27 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Everybody says that about Cenzo, but wasn't he a top 5 overall recruit or something like that?

Prior to his freshman year I expected him to be a 4x AA with an NCAA title somewhere in those 4 year type of career which IMO lives up to being a top 5 recruit.

Did not expect him to have 2 NCAA titles by this point in his career, especially over IMar in line to possibly be a 4x champ. He has far exceeded my expectations heading into college.

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Prior to his freshman year I expected him to be a 4x AA with an NCAA title somewhere in those 4 year type of career which IMO lives up to being a top 5 recruit.

Did not expect him to have 2 NCAA titles by this point in his career, especially over IMar in line to possibly be a 4x champ. He has far exceeded my expectations heading into college.

Yeah, he's definitely ahead of schedule. I was thinking IMAR was going to be a 4 timer, but he never really improved. He was a stud from day 1, and stayed at that level, but he didn't really improve much.

I really enjoyed the rivalry between Cenzo and Imar. I knew Cenzo would surpass him when I saw Cenzo was improving with each match, getting more aggressive vs Imar. I knew Cenzo would beat him his FR year.

2 minutes ago, russelscout said:

He was, but he never seemed as dominant as you expect a top 10 guy to be. I really thought he would under achieve.

I'd never seen him wrestle before. I saw his name in the brackets and stuff from the big HS tournaments, though. I was surprised he was a top 5 guy. When I finally got to see him wrestle I was impressed. Old School.

24 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

Yeah, he's definitely ahead of schedule. I was thinking IMAR was going to be a 4 timer, but he never really improved. He was a stud from day 1, and stayed at that level, but he didn't really improve much.

I really enjoyed the rivalry between Cenzo and Imar. I knew Cenzo would surpass him when I saw Cenzo was improving with each match, getting more aggressive vs Imar. I knew Cenzo would beat him his FR year.

I thought going into NCAAs his ceiling would be 3rd. Didnt see him beating Massa and definitely didnt think he would beat Imar heading into the finals, however after the first period ended 3-3 I that maybe he had a chance. 

7 hours ago, JasonBryant said:

I'll include stuff that isn't profanity-laden into my daily newsletter. This was pretty good to include.

Problem with much of the Barstool stuff is the freaking comments. Just some outright maniacally stupid and grotesque things are posted in their comments sections. 

Well, look at their target audience.  Mostly dumbass college kids.

8 hours ago, 1032004 said:

pretty good, but safe to assume "russling" = KB?

Lol. I did wrestle in HS in NJ. My claim to fame was when we wrestled DePaul HS my freshman year. Our coach sat the team down after practice and went over each of our weight class opponents and strategy against him. When he got to my class he said Gene Mills and the whole team laughed and the coach said we'll just skip you. I had no idea who Mills was. 

1 hour ago, russling said:

Lol. I did wrestle in HS in NJ. My claim to fame was when we wrestled DePaul HS my freshman year. Our coach sat the team down after practice and went over each of our weight class opponents and strategy against him. When he got to my class he said Gene Mills and the whole team laughed and the coach said we'll just skip you. I had no idea who Mills was. 

I guess you were "half" right.

Not to take anything away from Cenzo, as he has had a very successful career up to this point. However, with all of the greats that have already and are graduating this year (Taylor, Ruth, Zain, Nolf, Nickal) would anyone have pegged Cenzo not only be the first one to win as a FR & SO but also be the first one with a chance at 4 after his Sophmore year? As much as I bleed maroon and gold, it is impressive and fun to watch the PSU guys compete.

1 hour ago, gopher_fan_90 said:

Not to take anything away from Cenzo, as he has had a very successful career up to this point. However, with all of the greats that have already and are graduating this year (Taylor, Ruth, Zain, Nolf, Nickal) would anyone have pegged Cenzo not only be the first one to win as a FR & SO but also be the first one with a chance at 4 after his Sophmore year? As much as I bleed maroon and gold, it is impressive and fun to watch the PSU guys compete.

This. If there is one guy who really points to the great job that Cael is doing it is Cenzo.