Sign in to follow this  
LordNelson

125 getting more interesting

125 is getting more interesting, if you're interested in who is placing 2nd-8th.  Until proven otherwise, Spencer Lee will be the next NCAA 4x Champion, and there is absolutely no one in the "farm system" that can even sniff that level of "rarified air".

Trust me... I'd love for Heinselman to be that guy... but.. that is laughable at this point. 

4 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

125 is getting more interesting, if you're interested in who is placing 2nd-8th.  Until proven otherwise, Spencer Lee will be the next NCAA 4x Champion, and there is absolutely no one in the "farm system" that can even sniff that level of "rarified air".

Trust me... I'd love for Heinselman to be that guy... but.. that is laughable at this point. 

Cenzo still has a shot at being a four timer. But I agree with your overall sentiment. Lee is a rare talent, and his chances at four titles look good.

2 minutes ago, Katie said:

Cenzo still has a shot at being a four timer. But I agree with your overall sentiment. Lee is a rare talent, and his chances at four titles look good.

Fair... I got ahead of myself a bit.  Lee seems like the surest thing in a long time (assuming he can stay healthy).

If you win as a Freshman (true or RS), and you have three years left, it's logical to think that you have a shot at repeating 3 more times.  The logic also includes the notion that a.) the guy who won as a frosh is going to get better, and b.) he's already beaten everyone the same age and older, and there may/may not be someone better that is younger that will eventually be their competitor.  So yeah... we thought NaTo had shot... we thought Imar had a shot, hell... people even said MyMar was going to have a shot.  It's only logical to think this way.  Now... logical doesn't translate to "likely", so... if you want to play the semantics game... feel free. 

1 hour ago, treep2000 said:

If you win as a Freshman (true or RS), and you have three years left, it's logical to think that you have a shot at repeating 3 more times.  The logic also includes the notion that a.) the guy who won as a frosh is going to get better, and b.) he's already beaten everyone the same age and older, and there may/may not be someone better that is younger that will eventually be their competitor.  So yeah... we thought NaTo had shot... we thought Imar had a shot, hell... people even said MyMar was going to have a shot.  It's only logical to think this way.  Now... logical doesn't translate to "likely", so... if you want to play the semantics game... feel free. 

For sure but mymar and  nato had close matches at NCAAs. Lee killed everyone. 

I think it is fair to say Lee is way more likely to be a 4 timer than those guys

2 hours ago, treep2000 said:

I also believe that Spencer Lee will be a 4x NCAA Champ. Not to be Debbie Downer... but he was absolutely, positively a lock to be a 4x PA State Champ after his freshman year and we all know how that turned out....

I think it will be easier for Lee to do than Yianni, but that being said I wouldn’t bet against Yianni. He’s a talented kid and looking stronger physically this year than he did last year. 141 should be a fun weight at the NCAA tournament again this year. 

Edited by goheels1812

20 minutes ago, dpd926 said:

I also believe that Spencer Lee will be a 4x NCAA Champ. Not to be Debbie Downer... but he was absolutely, positively a lock to be a 4x PA State Champ after his freshman year and we all know how that turned out....

I think it was the best thing to happen to him. 4x PA champs seemed to be cursed once they enter college. 

Gavin Teasdale.. who knows if and when he will wrestle.

Thomas Haines.. commited to PSU.. school withdrew their offer.. goes to tOSU and the best wrestler in the world happens to move up to his weight class.. at Lock Haven now and still no AA.

Chance Marsteller had a very rough start to his college career.. has turned things around and is doing well now but no where near what was expected..

Jimmy Gulibon ended up with 1 AA finish, but did not love up to expectations that come with being a 4x PA champ.

Jeremy Hunter is the last 4x PA champ that had a great career and an NCAA title and that was almost 20 years ago.

8 hours ago, BigTenFanboy said:

I think it was the best thing to happen to him. 4x PA champs seemed to be cursed once they enter college. 

Gavin Teasdale.. who knows if and when he will wrestle.

Thomas Haines.. commited to PSU.. school withdrew their offer.. goes to tOSU and the best wrestler in the world happens to move up to his weight class.. at Lock Haven now and still no AA.

Chance Marsteller had a very rough start to his college career.. has turned things around and is doing well now but no where near what was expected..

Jimmy Gulibon ended up with 1 AA finish, but did not love up to expectations that come with being a 4x PA champ.

Jeremy Hunter is the last 4x PA champ that had a great career and an NCAA title and that was almost 20 years ago.

So I guess you are superstitious?