Sign in to follow this  
cjc007

Molinaro to OU Regional Training Center

21 minutes ago, headshuck said:

Cael and Tayler were working on a pretty good chair toss in the 2016 trials. I imagine Cael and Tayler could have gotten similar attention as the Mongolians had they gotten to Rio with Molinaro to show their stuff.

Not even close. The Mongolians got the attention due to how outrageous and funny it was to see grown men in their underwear. The mainstream media eats that stuff up. 

The only people who cared and would care about the chair throw are wrestling people.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Who will be his top training partners and coaches? After his Olympic run, I thought he deserved a medal and would love to see him have another chance. I was really hoping he would stay at 65... think he would’ve definitely made the team this year. Hopefully, he can make another great run.

On 12/22/2018 at 10:26 AM, Gantry said:

Guerrero as a training partner and coach.

Hunter Steiber as a training partner

Roselli as a coach. 

Probably not too many people know better how to beat Logan than Hunter, right?

I was at the hokie open and frank seemed actively engaged with the team. I spoke to him and Ty Walz very briefly and there was nothing obvious that he wanted a change. I agree as previously stated, that the timing of his decision is not optimal. Best of luck to him. I know he was liked as a training partner by the team and he’ll be missed. 

Honestly I’m a bit confused. While he has excellent freestyle coaches at Oklahoma, he doesn’t have the training partners. 

In a recent podcast with Track, Molinaro specifically mentioned Demas as a partner. I mean...Demas is good and I’ve been touting him on the college board, but we are talking about an Olympic gold hopeful. Why not go back to PSU? Or tOSU?

yes he has Stieber (who is injured and retired, but can still train 2-3 times a week), Guerrero (can’t imagine he can go full speed but technically is a good partner), Heil (solid but not great in freestyle). 

Obviously Frank knows what he is doing, but training partners I have always thought are key. 

Bett of luck to him

PSU has two direct competitors in Retherford (olympic year) and Nolf (non-Olympic) and tOSU has Steiber and McKenna.  Could even be the case where those clubs don't want to allocate funds towards Frank.  He's probably getting enough $$$ at Oklahoma to the point where it lets him train without having to coach to supplement his income.  That money may not be there at other places...

Edited by Gantry

1 hour ago, Gantry said:

PSU has two direct competitors in Retherford (olympic year) and Nolf (non-Olympic) and tOSU has Steiber and McKenna.  Could even be the case where those clubs don't want to allocate funds towards Frank.  He's probably getting enough $$$ at Oklahoma to the point where it lets him train without having to coach to supplement his income.  That money may not be there at other places...

If his primary decision was oriented around money, he wouldn’t have left his coaching job. It seems weird that he would leave his position to focus on his Olympic hopes and then choose a training situation based on money.