Sign in to follow this  
cjc007

Molinaro to OU Regional Training Center

I disagree with that, if he is getting as much or nearly as much money at Oklahoma as he did at Va Tech then it's a better situation.  Being a full time collegiate folkstyle coach is a huge time commitment on things that don't pertain to him or his ability to make the Olympic team.   I don't think Va Tech could pay him what they pay him as a coach just to train, ergo the assistant job.

5 hours ago, Gantry said:

I disagree with that, if he is getting as much or nearly as much money at Oklahoma as he did at Va Tech then it's a better situation.  Being a full time collegiate folkstyle coach is a huge time commitment on things that don't pertain to him or his ability to make the Olympic team.   I don't think Va Tech could pay him what they pay him as a coach just to train, ergo the assistant job.

I can’t imagine Oklahoma is paying him an assistant coach salary. I have to assume Molinaro was making $75k at least. Maybe I’m way off here. 

Hey you may be right, but it sure sounds like he enjoyed the wrestlers and staff at Va Tech.  So imo I figure if the money situation was close in a non-coaching capacity  (RTC to RTC) he would have stayed.  Maybe the OU money isn't at his coaching level, but still enough to get by on while he singletasks. 

Edited by Gantry