Sign in to follow this  
leshismore

Dake Taylor Movie

Downplaying Dake’s dominance over DT was disingenuous.

Not asking Dake about his 2020 plans was weak sauce.

Some of the insights into their matches as kids was a bit interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, Crash said:

Downplaying Dake’s dominance over DT was disingenuous.

Not asking Dake about his 2020 plans was weak sauce.

Some of the insights into their matches as kids was a bit interesting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dake's dominance over Taylor was pretty well displayed and obvious in the film. Taylor attributes his success due to Dake always beating him. He talks about how frustrating it was and even talks about which loss upset him the most. Also go back and watch their drilling sessions through out the entire film. Dake wins all of the positions in every drill/go. Unless you want the film to have Taylor bow down to Dake and degrade himself and proclaim "you are my master. You own me" Its pretty clear Taylor was dominated by Dake.

The film focused on their friendship from their youth into their adult lives with a fairy tale ending of them both winning worlds. Talking about 2020 directly would have likely disrupted the narrative being told.

22 hours ago, NJDan said:

So glad no one agreed with this comment. The movie was pretty weak, a glorified interview and not a good one.

Very cool.  I love the experts on here. 

I only taught film for many years on several continents; but what do I know.

Maybe it's because of the fact that I have watched Dake since he was a wee little one... it struck a chord.

I just wonder if ANY of the critics on here have EVER, even remotely tried or successfully created a documentary, or even... an "interview".  Pretty positive that in a big NO!!!

Remember, today's critiques are tomorrow's fish wrappings.

Keep up the good work Flo.  And to all the critics, please send us your documentaries.  We would love to see them.

The only thing I will say is it wasn't what i expected it to be. The problem with that opinion is I am not exactly sure what i was expecting. Flo did a great job with this. Everything from the story to the media work, and the candidness was great. It wasn't perfect, but overall I really enjoyed it.