Sign in to follow this  
Gantry

Pantaleo to 149

Although I don't see how he is physically able to make 149, if it does prove to be his ideal weight, he will be exceptionally hard to beat.  If the cut takes its toll, he probably ends up placing about the same at either weight.  Either way he should be considered a solid AA candidate.

this helps Nolf's odds of going 100% bonus all season as Pantaleo was one of the guys who can keep it (relatively) close.

as I recall uncle Joe wrestled 158 for UM and then competed at 163 in free, but made a big cut in '92 down to 149 to try to make the  Olympic team (random trivia) 

I hope young Pantaleo handles the cut well and competes at a high level this season. Assuming he's not too depleted, he's a legit title threat.  

Didn't we see similar stuff right after Taylor and Dake left their respective weight classes?  When Logie left 133 and then 141?  

125 is a relative "ghost town" right now... with Lee, Rivera and that's about it.  

Whenever theirs a "super alpha", the weight class thins, and then the flood of talent comes back after they depart.  Zain fits that criteria.