Sign in to follow this  
BigTenFanboy

Midlands/Scuffle Brackets

For those with interest Aaron Brooks is a 12 seed at 174.  Would get Zahid V. in semis if they both continue to win.  

Brooks first has to get by Ben Harvey (#5) and Ryan Christensen (#4).  Tall tasks but do-able.

Edited by dmm53

3 minutes ago, Gantry said:

There is no way in you-know-what that there are 11 guys in that bracket better than Aaron Brooks.  I get limited body of work, but come on they ranked a guy from Mount Union over him. 

Right.  Guess they are trying send a signal that you have to really "earn" your seed, even though Brooks has won two tournaments this year and is gray shirting (or whatever color it is) at the Olympic Training Center.   I think Kevin Jackson will be in his corner for the matches.   

6 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

Right.  Guess they are trying send a signal that you have to really "earn" your seed, even though Brooks has won two tournaments this year and is gray shirting (or whatever color it is) at the Olympic Training Center.   I think Kevin Jackson will be in his corner for the matches.    

Yeah, I get it but he does have some body of work and other unattached guys like Parris got high seeds.  But there is nobody out there who thinks that he's going to place worse than 5th.  Heck most non-Iowa fans think he's the 2nd best guy there.  Could have found a way to put him on the bottom.  Will good to see KJ in his corner.