Sign in to follow this  
BigTenFanboy

Midlands

3 minutes ago, Perry said:

Absolutely not, phish, but it's a difficult thing to know when someone is hurt or faking. The choice of position is there to deter this from happening and is a fair consequence imo. My issue is comparing the two situations being discussed because the end result was vastly different. If they had given Rocco his imminent fall points I would be less concerned but as it played out Warner was given a gift more than a consequence for what he did. I blame Warner for what he did but the official more for not having the balls to make the appropriate imminent fall call (unless this rule is no longer a thing which I still havent gotten an answer on)

If you are like me you fully well expected the Midlands ref to call stalling on Caywood from the bottom position. Then all Warnerov would have had to have done is ride him out and the match would have been tied 4-4.  

4 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

If you are like me you fully well expected the Midlands ref to call stalling on Caywood from the bottom position. Then all Warnerov would have had to have done is ride him out and the match would have been tied 4-4.  

It's great when you go and tell on yourself like this because only an idiot would think that and there you are.

You're right phish and that is who I hold more responsible. I still dont like it as a tactic by Warner one bit (and as tbar said, he was completely fine after his timeout so I dont believe he was that hurt) but at the end of the day the official is the one who needed to make the right call (which he did not)

I'll be very clear about what i said earlier... IF the "Iowa style" is to now fake an injury to avoid NF or potential pin, THEN, I hope potential recruits see this.  I can only base my opinion based on what I observed thru Flo's feed.  Based on this, albeit limited in scope and audio was garbled, Warner seemed like he milked the system, and karma bit him.  

Compound that with his absolute meltdown vs. Sloan, and I question this guy's maturity and his ability to handle and learn from adversity.  He "broke".  Period.  

Now... I appreciate Iowa wrestling, and enjoy watching them compete, and root for Lee, Marinelli, and Cass quite openly.  What I saw from Warner is not an indictment of Iowa, unless Brands knows that this is the real Warner, and that hes ok with faking an injury to prevent points.  

1 hour ago, wrestlingphish said:

It's great when you go and tell on yourself like this because only an idiot would think that and there you are.

This is really rich. Why didn't Warner cut him right after he reached 1 minute of riding time? He eventually cut him, but some time went by where I'm asking myself why he wasn't cutting him. Only reason is he either thinks he is going to turn him which wasn't happening OR he gets a stall point. I was actually surprised the ref showed restraint there. 

15 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

I'll be very clear about what i said earlier... IF the "Iowa style" is to now fake an injury to avoid NF or potential pin, THEN, I hope potential recruits see this.  I can only base my opinion based on what I observed thru Flo's feed.  Based on this, albeit limited in scope and audio was garbled, Warner seemed like he milked the system, and karma bit him.  

Compound that with his absolute meltdown vs. Sloan, and I question this guy's maturity and his ability to handle and learn from adversity.  He "broke".  Period.  

Now... I appreciate Iowa wrestling, and enjoy watching them compete, and root for Lee, Marinelli, and Cass quite openly.  What I saw from Warner is not an indictment of Iowa, unless Brands knows that this is the real Warner, and that hes ok with faking an injury to prevent points.  

What's you're prediction for Marinelli vs Wick?  Will the Bull avenge his NCAA loss or does Wick have his number?

1 minute ago, jchapman said:

What's you're prediction for Marinelli vs Wick?  Will the Bull avenge his NCAA loss or does Wick have his number?

I think Wick may have his number.  I'd like to see Marinelli win, but... If I were to place a bet... it would be on Wick tonight... 

A couple Buckeye fan predictions and observations:

125:  Spencer looked "human", which is good for him in the long term.  I still think he rolls up Rivera tonight.  Heinselman needs to stay in redshirt, and gain another 10 pounds of pure muscle so that he can cut that 2-3 pounds.  He looks like a 113 right now.  

133:  Desanto is going to win, pretty easily.  

141:  I'll take Alber over Murin tonight.  Keep and eye on Blockhus

149:  Seeing Kolodzik over Thomsen.  We also saw the future.  Teemer.  Sasso.  Those guys are gonna be good.  I'm going out on the limb and say that Sasso beats Lugo for 3rd. If he doesn't, he remains HIGHLY competitive.  Eyeball test for me is that Sasso is a little bit like McKenna, a little like Zain, with a dash of Nolf.  Teemer's closest resemblance may be Ruth.  Either way, BIG kudos to these two.

157:  Deakin.  Handily.

165:  Wick over Marinelli.  Marinelli looked very human this weekend.  Especially against Viruet. 

174:  Valencia over Lujan.  NOTE:  Valencia has also looked very human, yet again.  Although still a blowout, his Christensen match was interesting, especially how many points he gave up.  Lujan has the ability and capability to get the big move... so... 

184:  I like Foster over Wilcke tonight.  Hoffman has a lot of potential.  Glad he showed up, and gave these guys what-for.  I predict he brings home 5th, setting himself up nicely for the next 4 years.

197:  Who is Tanner Sloan?  I want what he's eating.  Either Brucki eats him alive, or Sloan pulls of the Cinderella story and gets ranked VERY highly after tonight.  Also... Warner... grow up.

HWT:  Hall over Jennings.  Cass isn't as good as we thought.  Parris did well... but has a lot to learn.  Neither are sniffing Gable's rarified air at this point. 

46 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

A couple Buckeye fan predictions and observations:

125:  Spencer looked "human", which is good for him in the long term.  I still think he rolls up Rivera tonight.  Heinselman needs to stay in redshirt, and gain another 10 pounds of pure muscle so that he can cut that 2-3 pounds.  He looks like a 113 right now.  

133:  Desanto is going to win, pretty easily.  

141:  I'll take Alber over Murin tonight.  Keep and eye on Blockhus

149:  Seeing Kolodzik over Thomsen.  We also saw the future.  Teemer.  Sasso.  Those guys are gonna be good.  I'm going out on the limb and say that Sasso beats Lugo for 3rd. If he doesn't, he remains HIGHLY competitive.  Eyeball test for me is that Sasso is a little bit like McKenna, a little like Zain, with a dash of Nolf.  Teemer's closest resemblance may be Ruth.  Either way, BIG kudos to these two.

157:  Deakin.  Handily.

165:  Wick over Marinelli.  Marinelli looked very human this weekend.  Especially against Viruet. 

174:  Valencia over Lujan.  NOTE:  Valencia has also looked very human, yet again.  Although still a blowout, his Christensen match was interesting, especially how many points he gave up.  Lujan has the ability and capability to get the big move... so... 

184:  I like Foster over Wilcke tonight.  Hoffman has a lot of potential.  Glad he showed up, and gave these guys what-for.  I predict he brings home 5th, setting himself up nicely for the next 4 years.

197:  Who is Tanner Sloan?  I want what he's eating.  Either Brucki eats him alive, or Sloan pulls of the Cinderella story and gets ranked VERY highly after tonight.  Also... Warner... grow up.

HWT:  Hall over Jennings.  Cass isn't as good as we thought.  Parris did well... but has a lot to learn.  Neither are sniffing Gable's rarified air at this point. 

Tanner Sloan is in redshirt so he won’t be ranked unless they remove it

He is SO impressive. Blown away. 

Rivera pulled a Ronnie Bresser on him with that Bob and weave, juke in and out, make him chase you a little. Spencer is too strong when he gets full hands on you, but if you can hand fight a little and keep some distance, keep him slightly off balance and just outquick him a little, that's his weakness.