Sign in to follow this  
BigTenFanboy

Midlands

2 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Scroll says Lugo lost 15-0, that has to be wrong, correct? 

End of Sasso-Teemer looked like Sasso got reversal, then they gave Teemer 2 more pts for I have no idea what.

Lugo won by tech 15-0. The scoreboard during the feed had all of Lugo's points going to his opponenet

4 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Maybe I was too focused on the elevator but I didn't see two back points.  Were they legit?  I don't think unattached wrestlers can challenge for whatever reason...

They cant challenge because challenges are limited to 3 per team. Since they dont have a team to track challenges, they cant. Stupid rule.

2 hours ago, Plasmodium said:

For all those who feel tilts are not pinning combinations, I refer you to Lee/Heinselman

Not all tilts are pinning combinations. Those which are should be rewarded with NF and those which cannot  should not, but that is just my opinion. 

13 minutes ago, Zebra said:

No there is a huge difference, well in fact a lot of them and too numerous to just list. 

The tech fall in folk style was introduced 30 some years ago and became an option on how to end a match.

I see no difference in back exposures in freestyle with near fall points from tilts that dont end in a fall.

You dont have to list all from the "too numerous to just list" - how about 1 or 2. If theres too many to list it should be easy to mention 1 or 2.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

5 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

The tech fall in folk style was introduced 30 some years ago and became an option on how to end a match.

I see no difference in back exposures in freestyle with near fall points from tilts that dont end in pin falls.

Well the technical difference in how those two are awarded is quite a bit different.

I do not disagree that some tilts lead to a fall but not all tilts can do this. If the tilt CANNOT (important item here), then it should not be considered NF. If one of the defensive wrestlers scapula is laying on your chest you cannot physically get a pin and therefore should not be considered NF criteria. In fact the rule book even says (as of 2012) 45 degrees and within 4 inches of the mat so I do not see how that is possible when it is physically on top of someone else. We see lots of NF that is greater than 45 degrees as well and that too should be corrected. 

I was an active competitor when the TF was introduced (about the same time the starting position move in from the 10 foot circle) and I can tell you that initially tilts which could not result on a pin were not getting NF. Over time the adherence to the strictly written NF criteria waned and we have what we see today.