Sign in to follow this  
BigTenFanboy

Midlands

Just now, BigTenFanboy said:

Ease up! He's just a kid!

Nothing to ease up on, he's going to be a total stud.  Just so happened he took a very obvious lung break as he sat there on his knees literally STARING AT THE INJURY CLOCK until there were 10 seconds left.  He's the better wrestler, and is going to be a title threat when he gets to PSU.

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

Nothing to ease up on, he's going to be a total stud.  Just so happened he took a very obvious lung break as he sat there on his knees literally STARING AT THE INJURY CLOCK until there were 10 seconds left.  He's the better wrestler, and is going to be a title threat when he gets to PSU.

I was joking. Wanted to see if the "hes just a kid" justification worked in this scenario. I'll take that as a big fat NO! LOL

11 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Ease up! He's just a kid!

Brooks lost a point for the "lung break" when he was given second stalling call (on the injury timeout) since Harvey already had choice to go down in the third period.  

1 hour ago, BigTenFanboy said:

You spoke of Holds that cannot result in a pin, not on criteria.

A hold that cannot result in a pin is not a pinning situation, which is a criterion for nearfall points.

Edited by jchapman

33 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

The 4 inch requirement is not needed if one shoulder/scapula is touching the mat.

True but keep in mind the other criteria. If not all criteria are met the NF should not be awarded. It happens at all levels and should not. 

5 minutes ago, MadMardigain said:

Just got in. Are quarterfinals tonight or first thing tomorrow?  Never can remember. 

Assuming that the QF's are Session 3, they start tomorrow:

Saturday, December 29 Session start times:

Session 1: 9:30am

Session 2: 7:00pm

Sunday, December 30 Session start times:

Session 3: 12:00pm

Session 4: 7:00pm

Just now, gromit said:

break in Stoll's match on Mat 1 whilst they remove a matside heckler....dude sounded like a real nut....and it wasn't Ficker, BTW

"Heckle" is an interesting word choice for what that guy was doing.  Believe he screamed "F&#K YOU!" directly at a ref, lol.

10 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Assuming that the QF's are Session 3, they start tomorrow:

Saturday, December 29 Session start times:

Session 1: 9:30am

Session 2: 7:00pm

Sunday, December 30 Session start times:

Session 3: 12:00pm

Session 4: 7:00pm

Thank you very much.  I thought Session 2 was 1/4s.  Guess I was wrong.

6 minutes ago, leshismore said:

If they are only running 2 sessions tomorrow with the first one starting at 12,  I believe they would have to do the quarter-finals tonight.  If not that is a lot of wrestling (champ and consols) to pack into Session 3 tomorrow. 

12 minutes ago, leshismore said:

I think you still may be right.  I was assuming they were part of Session 3, but now that I think of it...

I hate it when they just list session numbers without identifying the actual rounds.  IIRC, I've seen the quarterfinals as part of Session 2 sometimes and as part of Session 3 other times - just depends on the tournament.

EDIT: Just saw MadMardigain's post and agree.  Plus if they're not tonight then that would mean no championship bracket matches at all on Saturday night - and that doesn't make sense.

Edited by HurricaneWrestling2

Quarters should have some pretty nice matchups.  The ones I'm most interested in are:

125:  Piot / Glory; Cardani/Brown

133:  Zapf/Desanto… IIRC, didn't Zapf have some huge high school win that put him on the map?

149:  Lugo/Heil; Brayton Lee and Pantaleo is definitely an interesting pairing.

165:  Valencia / Steiert

174:  Brooks /  Christensen

184:  Foster / Hoffman.. I'm really intrigued by Hoffman... taking Emery Parker to the brink earlier this season.  This Foster match will be a really good gauge for where he is, and what he needs to work on for next year.  

197:  Sloan / Warner

HWT:  Parris / Hillger… If the Parris that shows up that wrestled Singletary, he gets whooped.  If he shows up like he "can", whoa boy.  Also, Cassioppi / Heino is intriguing.  I like Cass... he may "roll around" too much for my tastes thus far (a la his Nevills match just a few moments ago).   

9 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Quarters should have some pretty nice matchups.  The ones I'm most interested in are:

125:  Piot / Glory; Cardani/Brown

133:  Zapf/Desanto… IIRC, didn't Zapf have some huge high school win that put him on the map?

149:  Lugo/Heil; Brayton Lee and Pantaleo is definitely an interesting pairing.

165:  Valencia / Steiert

174:  Brooks /  Christensen

184:  Foster / Hoffman.. I'm really intrigued by Hoffman... taking Emery Parker to the brink earlier this season.  This Foster match will be a really good gauge for where he is, and what he needs to work on for next year.  

197:  Sloan / Warner

HWT:  Parris / Hillger… If the Parris that shows up that wrestled Singletary, he gets whooped.  If he shows up like he "can", whoa boy.  Also, Cassioppi / Heino is intriguing.  I like Cass... he may "roll around" too much for my tastes thus far (a la his Nevills match just a few moments ago).   

Zapf won PA states at 106 in 2017 the same year Desanto beat Lee.

38 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

"Heckle" is an interesting word choice for what that guy was doing.  Believe he screamed "F&#K YOU!" directly at a ref, lol.

The heckler really seemed to be "Gunning" for Stoll.  Said he should have shot himself in the head.  Brands showed uncharacteristic restraint.

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6180176-2018-midlands-championships/videos?playing=6303160&limit=60

This is a HORRIBLE call to decide a match of this level.  Teemer with 2NF?  Methinks not.  It's irrelevant now... but... I guess this just proves that Sasso is right "there" afterall.  Hopefully they get another crack at each other on the backside.  

10 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

https://www.flowrestling.org/events/6180176-2018-midlands-championships/videos?playing=6303160&limit=60

This is a HORRIBLE call to decide a match of this level.  Teemer with 2NF?  Methinks not.  It's irrelevant now... but... I guess this just proves that Sasso is right "there" afterall.  Hopefully they get another crack at each other on the backside.  

Just watched it, that was a horse**** call.