Sign in to follow this  
MSU158

Hardest weight to seed?

My vote goes to 174. The seeding committee has their hands full if they approach this weight without flipping coins. Asper only has 1 loss (Blanton) but a relatively weak schedule. Perry has 2 losses with one of them being a "BAD" loss by Major to Porter who lost at MAC's. Storley lost 2x and finished 7th at B1G's to bring his loss total to 3. Brown, with 3 losses, wrestled great at B1g's but the early Storley loss took a bit of luster off of his run to the finals, even though beating Evans was a big win. Evan's losing to Brown, his 4th loss, complicated things a bit as well. Blanton beat Kokesh(3 losses) handily and then gives up a last second takedown to lose in the 3rd place rematch giving Blanton 10 losses on the season. Heflin takes 5th losing to Blanton and Brown giving him 5 losses on the season. Yates had a big upset but took a few beatings after to place 6th. There are SO many argument for SO many different scenarios that I would love to be able to listen in when this weight is seeded!

184 is no treat either after Ed Ruth. Hopefully Kevin gets on the opposite side....I truly believe he makes finals if that happens.

Handles Bennet, or Bosak np huh? Possible no doubt, but I like Bennet.

Ruth

Bennet

Bosak

Steinhouse

Sheptock ?

Rutt?

Ihnen?

Hamlin?

Do Loder and Swartz have a case?

184 is no treat either after Ed Ruth. Hopefully Kevin gets on the opposite side....I truly believe he makes finals if that happens.

Not too familiar with Kevin's track record with Hamlin and Bosak are you?

3 losses to Bosak

1 loss to hamlin

1 loss to Bennet

Also has wins against:

Bennet

Wright

Ihnen

Edit: only went back to last year, and it was a brief skim so don't hold me accountable for missed wins/losses

3 losses to Bosak

1 loss to hamlin

1 loss to Bennet

Also has wins against:

Bennet

Wright

Ihnen

Edit: only went back to last year, and it was a brief skim so don't hold me accountable for missed wins/losses

Last year does not count in the seeding guidelines

Last year does not count in the seeding guidelines

Wasn't implying it did. I must have misunderstood his question when he asked for the track record of Steinhouse. To me it was in response to the Steinhouse was going to be in the finals if he's seeded opposite of Ruth. Perhaps I'm wrong.

i think 149 outside of Oliver will be a tough seed

#2 Ness?

Don't see how Chamberlain and Vinson aren't 2 and 3. They both only have 1 loss and each avenged that loss with Chamberlain avenging it 3 times. I wish this were not the case because I believe Ness vs Oliver would be a much better final but it looks like they will meet in the semi's.

him(loss to VonOhlen, JO, and IL kid, redeemed) VonOhlen(loss to chamberlain and JO), Vinson(loss to Brascetta, but redeemed) or Chamberlain(lost to Sakaguchi, but redeemed it), but each have a couple losses. Probably Chamberlain at 2, VonOhlen at 3, Vinson and Ness at 4 and 5. Steve Santos only loss is to Vinson. Grajales and Alton will probably be seeded very low if at all which may bust some brackets

125 has more possible winners than the other wgts. Waters, Delgado Garnett, McD, Mega and Garrett can all be made a case for and seeding is going to very important, Especially separation. Top 12 guys are: 3 from ACC, 4 from B1G, 2 EIWA, Waters, Cullinan should drop below 12 since he disastered MAC, 2 and done, Sprenkle, Martinez. That's leaving Triggas, Cullinan, Boyle, Cox, eppert and bonnano like chopped liver, which they aint. And there is no "clear winner" as in 184, 197, 149, 141 or top 2 or 3 like 33, 65, 57, 74, hwt

How do you think 157 will go. Welsh #1 now? Would Green have been 1, had he beat Welsh. Green has a bad loss, cant remember who.Green probablly would be better off 4th now, than 2/3, as I like his chances in a rematch with Welsh.

1xAA Perry- 24 D1 wins 2 loss- to Storey and then ranked #15 Porter Bad loss, Big 12 Champion

Brown-24 D1 wins 4 loss- Kokesh,Storley,Evans then ranked #8 and Heflin #9 them BIG10 Champion

2xAA Asper 19 D1 wins 1 loss- Blanton then ranked #3, ACC Champion

1xAA Storley 22 D1 wins 3 loss Perry, #11 Yates, #9 Heflin

Evans 17 D1 wins 4 loss Perry, Storley2x, Brown

Kokesh 30 D1 wins 3 loss Storley, Evans, Blanton

1xAA Heflin 15 D1 wins 5 loss Evans, Storley,then ranked #12 Porter,Brown,Blanton

Yates 17 D1 wins 8 loss Nate Brown,Cannon,Kokesh,Evans,Munster,Heflin,Kokesh,Heflin

tough to penalize a guy who can only wrestle the guy in front of him. Wrestlers don't choose schedule and can't control being FF to. That said It would be fairly complicated to make a case for him over Perry, Evans and kokesh. Even storley's brain fart of 2 narrow losses to ranked guys shouldn't send him to 5

So if Kevin wrestles Bosack or Hamlin will he be allowed to wrestle, or because he has lost to both will they just award a win to them? That will suck. Because I feel Kev is wrestling very well right now.