ConnorsDad

I really enjoyed the Spencer Lee is a going to be at 4 time National Champion era

2 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

I watched the match and it was a good one. Lee got whipped. Taken down by some fine moves.

Bet he comes back and wins the title again this year.

As for Flu - some things hang on and on. He's the guy wrestling and if he goes out while not in top condition due to lingering crap from the flu - he deserves credit for it.

So he doesn't have a perfect record - few do. He can still win his weight this year. From the takedowns I saw Brands will get him better prepared, no matter his health issues.

The point is that Lee nor Brands is saying he was sick or had health issues. It's people saying he MUST have been sick for this to happen discrediting Rivera. Big difference.

22 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

The point is that Lee nor Brands is saying he was sick or had health issues. It's people saying he MUST have been sick for this to happen discrediting Rivera. Big difference.

People close to Lee and the program are saying it, and it's not a secret.  If you actually followed things more closely, this wouldn't be an issue.  Or, I guess you could still have an issue, since all you really do is incessantly bash Iowa, and now Spencer Lee specifically.

And having a bad case of the flu is a lot like having mono, especially if you do not take the proper time to recover.  That's what happened here. Again, people who actually watched the matcg objectively could see it.

On 12/31/2018 at 6:36 PM, tbert said:

The real proof is that Lee is still at 125.  Someone else decided to move out that weight class for some reason.  

EXACTLY.  After getting dominated, he knew he was never beating Lee at NCAAs.  He ran.

3 hours ago, WillieBoy said:

I watched the match and it was a good one. Lee got whipped. Taken down by some fine moves.

Bet he comes back and wins the title again this year.

As for Flu - some things hang on and on. He's the guy wrestling and if he goes out while not in top condition due to lingering crap from the flu - he deserves credit for it.

So he doesn't have a perfect record - few do. He can still win his weight this year. From the takedowns I saw Brands will get him better prepared, no matter his health issues.

This. Exactly this.

4 minutes ago, DEFan79 said:

People close to Lee and the program are saying it, and it's not a secret.  If you actually followed things more closely, this wouldn't be an issue.  Or, I guess you could still have an issue, since all you really do is incessantly bash Iowa, and now Spencer Lee specifically.

And having a bad case of the flu is a lot like having mono, especially if you do not take the proper time to recover.  That's what happened here. Again, people who actually watched the matcg objectively could see it.

If you were smart you would realize I'm not bashing Lee. I am literally bashing you.

14 minutes ago, DEFan79 said:

People objectively watching the match wouldnt say Rivera was backing up the entire time.

7 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Never? Like Rivera?

I never said Rivera would never beat Lee.  Not sure who you're talking about. I figured Lee would still lose a few matched in his college career, healthy or otherwise.

I have specifically said that Suriano was not going to beat Lee at NCAAs, because (1) Lee is a bad matchup for him, and (2) he's a better wrestler overall.

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

People objectively watching the match wouldnt say Rivera was backing up the entire time.

I never said he was backing up the entire time. Rivera had a great gameplan, and he executed it flawlessly. 

2 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

When Lee loses its always because he was sick or injured.

When Lee beats someone is always because he was better.

Never said that, either.  Neither are most people here who could plainly see that Lee looked like he was maybe at 50% for the match with Rivera.

Lee lost to Tomasello and Bresser last year not because of sickness or injury (although there was, I think, a non-call in the Bresser match at the end, but that happens).  But he WAS sick when he lost to Rivera.

I know you have this fantasy where you go back in time and somehow Suriano beats Lee at NCAAs last year, but it's time to give it up. The past is immutable, and Suriano ran to 133 to get away from a guy he knew he wasn't going to get past.  Accpetance is the first step to healing, my friend.

Just now, DEFan79 said:

Never said that, either.  Neither are most people here who could plainly see that Lee looked like he was maybe at 50% for the match with Rivera.

Lee lost to Tomasello and Bresser last year not because of sickness or injury (although there was, I think, a non-call in the Bresser match at the end, but that happens).  But he WAS sick when he lost to Rivera.

I know you have this fantasy where you go back in time and somehow Suriano beats Lee at NCAAs last year, but it's time to give it up. The past is immutable, and Suriano ran to 133 to get away from a guy he knew he wasn't going to get past.  Accpetance is the first step to healing, my friend.

If Suriano was healthy he would have beat Lee. There was a flo video/interview on how much pain he was in. Its a hypothetical that neither you nor I can prove or disprove.

42 minutes ago, BigTenFanboy said:

If Suriano was healthy he would have beat Lee. There was a flo video/interview on how much pain he was in. Its a hypothetical that neither you nor I can prove or disprove.

Yeah, keep saying that. The only person you really need to fool is yourself.

3 minutes ago, DEFan79 said:

Yeah, keep saying that. The only person you really need to fool is yourself.

So was Suriano and the Rutgers coaches lying in that flo video? When Suriano said he was in tons of pain was he lying?

Edited by BigTenFanboy

I'm sure he was in some pain. If you've followed him for any amount of time, you'll know that he talks a lot and has a tendency to exaggerate. 

I'm sure most guys at NCAAs were in pain, especially those who wrestled through the Big10s and other conference tournaments.

6 minutes ago, DEFan79 said:

I'm sure he was in some pain. If you've followed him for any amount of time, you'll know that he talks a lot and has a tendency to exaggerate. 

I'm sure most guys at NCAAs were in pain, especially those who wrestled through the Big10s and other conference tournaments.

Thats a weak response.

You don't want to admit you think he and the Rutgers coaches were lying.

I've followed him since he was in 9th grade.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

2 hours ago, DEFan79 said:

50% is a major stretch.  I watched the Rivera and Bresser matches back to back and they looked very similar, except Rivera took better shots than Bresser.

I mentioned before that I do think Rivera stalled a bit (as did Bresser IMO), but Lee just couldn’t figure out how to counter the backing up and kept chasing.  I think he’ll figure it out at NCAA’s.

1 hour ago, BigTenFanboy said:

Thats a weak response.

You don't want to admit you think he and the Rutgers coaches were lying.

I've followed him since he was in 9th grade.

Then you know he has a tendency to talk too much and exaggerate. 

If Lee has this lingering death-bed influenza that's being proclaimed, then Brands is leaving his entire team at risk for allowing Spenser to be in the room and exposing all of the others.

And as delicate as big Sam Stoll's physical upkeep has been over the years, hopefully he's training in Dan Gable's garage so this illness doesn't create an unhealthy environment for him.