Sign in to follow this  
BigTenFanboy

Teasdale entered in Scuffle Attached

One has to ask if he's in shape enough to effectively compete at this level.  Folks are saying that Spencer Lee wasn't in good enough shape, a full month after having the flu, let alone not having a single actual collegiate match to use as a yardstick.  

Will be interesting.

I wouldn't be expecting too much from him because of the conditioning factor.  These other kids have been practicing hard since September.   It will be interesting to see if he competes well, despite the conditioning factor.  When you consider the year that Glory is having, Teasdale was at that level last fall.  No reason he shouldn't compete well.

6 minutes ago, buckshot1969 said:

Why are people assuming that Gavin's conditioning isn't where it should be? I'm sure he's been hard at work no matter where he's been.

Maybe it has something to do with his announcing that he was leaving PSU last month due to "health issues"...just a hunch though

Edited by gromit

6 minutes ago, gromit said:

Maybe it has something to do with his announcing that he was leaving PSU last month due to "health issues"...just a hunch though

Health issues can mean a lot of things. I assumed it was mental health, if that's the case he could still train and it would probably be good for him mentally to stay in shape.

Who cares though? We'll find out pretty quick tomorrow.

1 minute ago, buckshot1969 said:

Health issues can mean a lot of things. I assumed it was mental health, if that's the case he could still train and it would probably be good for him mentally to stay in shape.

Who cares though? We'll find out pretty quick tomorrow.

Yes, it certainly can...or it could mean one very specific thing.

39 minutes ago, TBar1977 said:

Gavin beat Glory in their last match. Pretty sure he has a winning record against him. Really looking forward to that 125 bracket all of a sudden.

Was there a match after BTS?  Because Glory teched Gavin there...

I don't see what PSU has to gain by attaching him, they don't need his points to win the scuffle so why wouldn't you wait to see how he does after such a long layoff and with the cut?  Then again Cael knows what he's doing...

3 minutes ago, Gantry said:

I don't see what PSU has to gain by attaching him, they don't need his points to win the scuffle so why wouldn't you wait to see how he does after such a long layoff and with the cut?  Then again Cael knows what he's doing...

Good pick up there as I had forgotten that match. I was thinking of The Pittsburgh Wrestling Classic formerly known as Dapper Dan. 

4 minutes ago, Gantry said:

Gavin beat Glory at the Dapper Dan PA vs USA Allstar Classic

5 hours ago, Idaho said:

Interesting that Cael would pull the redshirt before seeing him actually compete and for the simple fact that PSU will win it without him. 

With some freshmen, history has shown redshirting proved to be a bad idea. Being away from competition for a season can be a distraction that some wrestlers never recover from. My hunch is that the PSU staff believe the best thing for Teasdale is to get  back into the fire pit. I am certain the decision was made in consultation with his medical team and family. 

Maybe I missed something and I'm not being flippant, but how do you leave school and retain academic eligibility?  Had he completed a full academic term, finals and all?  All the talk made it sound like he left campus to work on his health but perhaps I misinterpreted.