Sign in to follow this  
LemonPie

Iowa- Midlands Team Report

Yes, another Iowa thread.

Would the folks at HR please unban me so I can share this on their site?  Don't say I never did anything for you, Hawkeye fans

If you have any questions about the stats, refer to the 'key' tab and it may answer your question.  Or it may not.  So post your question here.  

Probably some errors, so consider everything unofficial, but feel free to double check the numbers.  

One of the sheets (takedown efficiency)  is still a work in progress, but the template is there for you to get an idea of it. 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11Ul9rTEjeN7ywDrduhyQ_f1tWT1fnldtb-gc3dPxYyM/edit?usp=sharing

34 minutes ago, LemonPie said:

Yes, another Iowa thread.

Would the folks at HR please unban me so I can share this on their site? 

so the Iowa folks don't like LemonPie?  I know they like pie cause btdt RAGBRAI and they got lots of pie on them there routes, but yeah can't remember seeing any lemon pie.  ;)

2 minutes ago, jchapman said:

Did Marinelli lead the team in stalling penalty points? I see he had 3 penalty points, and I know at least two were for stalling.

It would appear that he did.  At least for the starters (plus Turk, Cass).   Lee and Warner each had 1.  Marinelli had 2 stalling points against him (Wick) and penalty point against Viruet (locked hands was it?)

Edited by LemonPie

2 hours ago, rhodge00 said:

Did anybody else think Northern Iowa looked good? I think they had a hell of a tournament. What do you guys think?

Yes.  I'm impressed.  But the Midlands field just isn't anywhere near good enough to draw too many conclusions.  No Ohio State....No Cornell....No Michigan....No Oklahoma State...No Mizzou....No Va Tech....No NC State....and of course no PSU.   The competition just wasn't there.  

On 12/31/2018 at 11:27 PM, silvermedal said:

Yes.  I'm impressed.  But the Midlands field just isn't anywhere near good enough to draw too many conclusions.  No Ohio State....No Cornell....No Michigan....No Oklahoma State...No Mizzou....No Va Tech....No NC State....and of course no PSU.   The competition just wasn't there.  

True, and something which makes Lee's loss all that more shocking. Granted, maybe the 2 best guys in D1 were at that tournament and met in the finals.

On 12/31/2018 at 5:27 PM, silvermedal said:

How many Post Grads these days? One exciting aspect of the tournament in years past was seeing former NCAA champions come back and wrestle the current crop of College guys.

On 12/31/2018 at 9:26 PM, LemonPie said:

It would appear that he did.  At least for the starters (plus Turk, Cass).   Lee and Warner each had 1.  Marinelli had 2 stalling points against him (Wick) and penalty point against Viruet (locked hands was it?)

Gotta wonder what Gable would think about the Hawkeyes giving up so many stall points!

39 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

How many Post Grads these days? One exciting aspect of the tournament in years past was seeing former NCAA champions come back and wrestle the current crop of College guys.

How old will they take entrants? I swear I saw some heavies I think I could take.