Sign in to follow this  
dmm53

Let's Scuffle (brackets out)

12 minutes ago, NJDan said:

Looks like the best finals match is Joseph v. Marsteller at 165. 

Is anyone giving Marsteller a chance?

All Heresay, but I heard Chandler Rogers ALWAYS kicked Marsteller's backside when they worked out at Oklahoma State  Just what I heard, ZERO inside Knowledge)   I know practice and a match are different, but Marsteller in the Southern Section Finals is not a given, And Yes Marsteller is wrestling better now than then, but even so with practice partners you can throw out the odds as each knows every little twitch  the other does before a move, Marsteller did beat C. Rogers 9-7 last season at NCAA, But Happy New Year, enjoy the Tournament.

Edited by dougb

Some good early, potential match-ups...let me know what I missed.

Teske-Laney in round of 16. If Teske gets  by Laney, he should have a clear path to Pich in the semis
Teasdale-Mackall round of 16 and then Teasdale-Townsell in the quarters

Woods-Brock in the quarters. Winner of that should get a tough Gil from Navy

Berge-Prince in the quarters.
Verkleeren-Gfeller in the quarters

Nolf next topic

165-both on the bottom side so winners see each other
Finesilver-Rogers in the quarters
Marstellar-Manville in the quarters

Joe Smith-T. Hidlay in the quarters. Winner gets McFadden in the  semis

Haines-White in the quarters. Winner gets Nevills

133, 184, and 197 seem pretty dull to me but I'm most interested to see how RBY, A. Gomez, Jacobe Smith, and Geer do at their respective weights. 

8 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

you only have to suck up to them if you work for Flo

I'm clearly a Michigan fan and 157 is the weakest weight of the tourney when Paul fox (ranked 13) is the 2 seed. Also Jason Nolf is incredible.

39 minutes ago, Jon_Kozak said:

133, 184, and 197 seem pretty dull to me but I'm most interested to see how RBY, A. Gomez, Jacobe Smith, and Geer do at their respective weights. 

Looking forward to a potential RBY/Gomez matchup so we can hear about RBY/DeSanto hypotheticals

53 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Looking forward to a potential RBY/Gomez matchup so we can hear about RBY/DeSanto hypotheticals

Both those guys are high octane on their feet.   Both quick as cats and predictably unpredictable.  Should make for an entertaining tango.

1 hour ago, Jon_Kozak said:

Haines-White in the quarters. Winner gets Nevills

When PSU spurned Haines for Nevills we thought they'd match up regularly before Haines left OSU. This will probably be their last chance to match up.

2 hours ago, dougb said:

All Heresay, but I heard Chandler Rogers ALWAYS kicked Marsteller's backside when they worked out at Oklahoma State  Just what I heard, ZERO inside Knowledge)   I know practice and a match are different, but Marsteller in the Southern Section Finals is not a given, And Yes Marsteller is wrestling better now than then, but even so with practice partners you can throw out the odds as each knows every little twitch  the other does before a move, Marsteller did beat C. Rogers 9-7 last season at NCAA, But Happy New Year, enjoy the Tournament.

I’m confused why you dwell on all the uncertainty surrounding their practice room matchups when you knew Chance won in an actual meet last March? 

14 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

While Marstellar was losing to rodgers he was also on his way to strolling around a campus naked and attacking police officers....he might be in a better place now.

perhaps true but when did he ever lose to rodgers?

course can't recall that he ever beat rodgers either 

;)

Edited by ionel

Any insight into the absences of Carr, Zavatsky, Lewis? Also, Campbell has a few folks here, but they chose Midlands (3 placers, ICYMI, #RollHumps) Has anyone on sight or elsewhere know about Campbells Odgerel Batkishig. 

2 hours ago, Gilgamesh said:

Any insight into the absences of Carr, Zavatsky, Lewis? Also, Campbell has a few folks here, but they chose Midlands (3 placers, ICYMI, #RollHumps) Has anyone on sight or elsewhere know about Campbells Odgerel Batkishig. 

Junior college transfer from Northwest Kansas Tech, where he was national champ at 285.  Also, placed 5th at the 2016  Asian Junior Championships for Mongolia.

Thank you Cuba, I misswrote, knew a bit about him but was wondering if he is going to finish the season, as Heino had a strong Midlands albeit unattached. Thought Campbell would go with both if their plan was to decide whos their heavy going forward. Seems sensible to have Odgerel finish this yr, Jere stay redshirted, and if results and rules allow, flip status next season. Pretty impressive to have two good international heavies on one roster, right? Thanks again, just a working stiff wrestling fan here off to do work.

4 hours ago, Cubawrestle said:

There are some interesting match ups for sure but overall the competition looks pretty thin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really enjoyed the Southern Scuffle era.