TBar1977

The Southern Scuffle Thread

4 minutes ago, headshuck said:

So both Hall and Joseph start their matches with 2 heavy hands to back of the neck.  Not sure what to make of it.  

and cassar. 

There is no mystery, they thought they could make them tired. Matt Brown did it to Chris Perry as well....and yes, that's 4/4...all oklahoma state wrestlers. Not that they do it by geography, but maybe they thought they could get all 4 worn out.

•  
Edited by hammerlockthree

15 minutes ago, headshuck said:

So both Hall and Joseph start their matches with 2 heavy hands to back of the neck.  Not sure what to make of it.  

Been training with Matt Brown?

2 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

Or white was just better....

I think White had a better game plan and was able to stick to it. 

He controlled Cassar in the ties and didn’t give him the space needed to hit the blast double. 

White came to wrestle tonight and I think his showing will be encouraging to others who will face Cassar.

Just now, mlbruem said:

OK can you give the number for your contact person?

I don't know anyone at ESPN. Then again, I am not begging them (or anyone else) to televise something that isn't on the airwaves already so I don't need it. 

ESPN only televises wrestling when it doesn't have to pay for it.  So getting on ESPN makes it easy for us to watch, but it provides zero revenue for wrestling.  I think FLO has it's flaws but at least they value the product enough to pay for it, and people in wrestling are getting paid something.  

Edited by boconnell

1 hour ago, boconnell said:

ESPN only televises wrestling when it doesn't have to pay for it.  So getting on ESPN makes it easy for us to watch, but it provides zero revenue for wrestling.  I think FLO has it's flaws but at least they value the product enough to pay for it, and people in wrestling are getting paid something.  

Not the wrestlers.

Student athletes should get, at the very least - a small stipend each month. They are not allowed to have outside jobs. Especially not allowed to have any kind of job that uses or shows their name or association with NCAA athletics. Very hypocritical on the part of those in charge.

1 hour ago, boconnell said:

Well not necessarily.  Many who've gone the stream direction with things like Sling, Hulu, Fubo etc. don't necessarily get ESPN (and same can be said for Dish, Direct etc depending on level of service) plus there's been time they've put wrestling over on the U or the + that might not be part of your package.  The nice thing about Flo is if its on Flo we all know how to get it, we can get it on a mobile device, doesn't matter where we are (well at least in the US, thought I'd be able to use my Fubo package in AU and they don't have an agreement so even though an internet stream thing, nope) and we know how to sign up on the spot if don't have current subscription.  But now aren't going to get new viewers if only on Flo etc.  It possible a non wrestling fan or two might watch the #1 and #2 team dual if hyped on ESPN, but more than three ... I don't know.

26 minutes ago, ionel said:

Well not necessarily.  Many who've gone the stream direction with things like Sling, Hulu, Fubo etc. don't necessarily get ESPN (and same can be said for Dish, Direct etc depending on level of service) plus there's been time they've put wrestling over on the U or the + that might not be part of your package.  The nice thing about Flo is if its on Flo we all know how to get it, we can get it on a mobile device, doesn't matter where we are (well at least in the US, thought I'd be able to use my Fubo package in AU and they don't have an agreement so even though an internet stream thing, nope) and we know how to sign up on the spot if don't have current subscription.  But now aren't going to get new viewers if only on Flo etc.  It possible a non wrestling fan or two might watch the #1 and #2 team dual if hyped on ESPN, but more than three ... I don't know.

I meant easy in the sense that it's a working and reliable stream.  ESPN will stream NCAAs with 10Xs the online viewers FLO has ever had and they won't have a hiccup or a bandwidth issue.  In that sense ESPN makes it undeniably easier to watch wrestling.  

But I prefer FLO broadcast since they pay for the rights.

Edited by boconnell

25 minutes ago, WillieBoy said:

Not the wrestlers.

Student athletes should get, at the very least - a small stipend each month. They are not allowed to have outside jobs. Especially not allowed to have any kind of job that uses or shows their name or association with NCAA athletics. Very hypocritical on the part of those in charge.

The idea that non-revenue sports should get stipends is absurd.  The scholarships those athletes get are worth far more then any revenue they generate.  

I agree athletes in revenue sports are currently cheated, but the second they get paid the non-revenue sports will go away (especially the men's ones).  I'd prefer that they just allow college athletes to be paid for using their likeness.  This allows a top football recruit to negotiate a car dealership sponsorship as part of signing his NLI.  Let them make money off their likeness if their likeness is worth anything, but if you pay 90 football players and 15 basketball players at every school, then college athletics is over for everybody else.  

3 minutes ago, boconnell said:

but if you pay 90 football players and 15 basketball players at every school, then college athletics is over for everybody else.  

Except for the 105 girls needed for Title IX compliance. 

12 minutes ago, boconnell said:

I meant easy in the sense that it's a working and reliable stream.  ESPN will stream NCAAs with 10Xs the online viewers FLO has ever had and they won't have a hiccup or a bandwidth issue.  In that sense ESPN makes it undeniably easier to watch wrestling.  

But I prefer FLO broadcast since they pay for the rights.

yep that is true