Sign in to follow this  
Jimmy Cinnabon

Thomas Haines

What exactly happened to him?  4x PA state champ, physical beast.  I know he was committed to PSU but then flipped to OSU where he was stuck behind a GOAT in Snyder.  

But aside from that has he just not panned out? Not big/strong enough?  Injuries?  I would expect him to have at least 2 AA finishes in his career.

Damn, harsh crowd.  He isn't winning NCAA Championships but he has consistently been a top 15 guy and wins a ton more than he loses.

He is currently 75-19 and would be a 3x NCAA Qualifier if not for losing his 1st year eligibility due to transferring from tOSU to Lock Haven.  He has gone 2-2 the last 2 years at NCAAs.  DI wrestling is HARD.  We get spoiled by some of these recruits just hitting the ground running.  But, measured against the average DI wrestler(who would probably beat most AA's in other divisions), Haines has had a very strong career.

https://www.wrestlestat.com/wrestler/20247/haines-thomas/profile

Not a bust by any means, and a decent shot at hitting 100 career wins.  But does anyone think he will finish with an AA honor in his career?

Actually I'm curious to know how many 100+ win wrestlers that have never AA'd are out there....

Edited by Jimmy Cinnabon

1 minute ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

Not a bust by any means, and a decent shot at hitting 100 career wins.  But does anyone think he will finish with an AA honor in his career?

Actually I'm curious to know how many 100+ win wrestlers that have never AA'd are out there....

I believe he will AA's this year, actually, as long as he can go in as healthy as possible.  He should get a top 10 seed and 285 is wide open after the top 4 or 5.

Just now, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

He's also had the flu a lot or his record would be even better.

Not sure where that came from.  I don't think there was even the slightest hint of an apology for any of his performances.   But, please keep being you!

3 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Not sure where that came from.  I don't think there was even the slightest hint of an apology for any of his performances.   

Didn't say there was - comment wasn't even directed at Haines.  See the "I really enjoyed the Spencer Lee is going to be a 4x National Champ" thread.  And quit taking yourself so seriously - if possible.

25 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Didn't say there was - comment wasn't even directed at Haines.  See the "I really enjoyed the Spencer Lee is going to be a 4x National Champ" thread.  And quit taking yourself so seriously - if possible.

Sry, but it was really a di**head comment and I took it as such. How could it not be directed at Haines on a Haines thread stating that he would have a better record if not for the flu? Had nothing to do with me, by the way.......

2 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

Sry, but it was really a di**head comment and I took it as such. How could it not be directed at Haines on a Haines thread stating that he would have a better record if not for the flu? Had nothing to do with me, by the way.......

Well, you obviously took it wrong.  There's all kind of jokes about the flu based on the thread I cited.  And you should've figgered it was said in jest because no one - least of all me - has accused Haines of making excuses.  But, feel free to continue being obtuse.

1 minute ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Well, you obviously took it wrong.  There's all kind of jokes about the flu based on the thread I cited.  And you should've figgered it was said in jest because no one - least of all me - has accused Haines of making excuses.  But, feel free to continue being obtuse.

In a similar vein to Ricky Bobby and his prefacing his comments with "with all due respect", the fact that there are "all kinds of jokes about the flu" made your joke no more funny or fitting.  

One thing I am not is obtuse and I love ridiculous humor.  Sadly,  I just think your attempt and placement was so poor I though it was more meant to be a d::k than be funny.  But, even the best comedians have jokes that fall on deaf ears, so please continue trying to be funny!

1 hour ago, Jimmy Cinnabon said:

So many to win 100+ and not aa

8 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

In a similar vein to Ricky Bobby and his prefacing his comments with "with all due respect", the fact that there are "all kinds of jokes about the flu" made your joke no more funny or fitting.  

One thing I am not is obtuse and I love ridiculous humor.  Sadly,  I just think your attempt and placement was so poor I though it was more meant to be a d::k than be funny.  But, even the best comedians have jokes that fall on deaf ears, so please continue trying to be funny!

Incorrect - one thing you are is obtuse.  First you thought it was directed at Haines - now you're conceding that it was a joke. 

Incorrect - one thing you are is obtuse.  First you thought it was directed at Haines - now you're conceding that it was a joke. 

No, now I was believing you.  Should I not believe you?

2 minutes ago, HurricaneWrestling2 said:

Maybe because it was on a thread directly about Haines and not about Spencer Lee.  It's called taking another's perspective.  Give it a shot.

Only if you don't agree with what I'm saying. 

Is that the case or are you reverting to your original position that I was just dissing Haines for no reason whatsoever?

To be clear, I think your post was very d**kish either way, but I was willing to believe you meant it as a joke since you SAID that was what it was.

5 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

To be clear, I think your post was very d**kish either way, but I was willing to believe you meant it as a joke since you SAID that was what it was.

That wasn't the question I asked.  I said you should not believe me only if you didn't agree with what I said.  I'm not interested in what you're "willing to believe."  I asked if you were reverting to your original position that I was just dissing Haines for no reason whatsoever?  

That wasn't the question I asked.  I said you should not believe me only if you didn't agree with what I said.  I'm not interested in what you're "willing to believe."  I asked if you were reverting to your original position that I was just dissing Haines for no reason whatsoever?  

That is a ridiculous preposition.  I should only believe you based on if I agree or disagree with what you said?  Could you imagine our court system if they were advised to to make their decision based on that?

However, I will say I am having a harder time believing you based on this line of questioning.  Either way, I will just go with you being a d**k in this thread and leave it at that.  Good day, sir!