Sign in to follow this  
tommygun

Ness is amazing

It was incredible how comfortable he was giving up counts on his back to set up the high flier he used to pin Suehflohn. Very willing to trade 2 for 5+. That kind of fearless style is hard to prepare for, and impossible to coach. As somebody pulling hard for Jordan Oliver, Ness absolutely terrifies me.

It was incredible how comfortable he was giving up counts on his back to set up the high flier he used to pin Suehflohn. Very willing to trade 2 for 5+. That kind of fearless style is hard to prepare for, and impossible to coach. As somebody pulling hard for Jordan Oliver, Ness absolutely terrifies me.

He definitely takes risks, which is exciting to watch. He's also second only to Brown on being absolutely ripped.

MN should hire him a barber. :D

Edit: If he dyes it green he will violate TM and be disqualified from competition

^he looked great this weekend and could break a lot of people's hearts at NCAA's. The man is fearless, and can get a 5 pointer at anytime during the match. He's definitely out of any kind of "slump" he was in.

And I noticed his physique/strength today...I haven't seen much of him this year and what I have has been on a tiny iPhone screen. I felt like that was the only thing he was missing last year as a true freshman. He has really been hitting the weights. Like his brother, I bet it sucks to tie up with him!

I can't believe he can hit those elevator series moves against top competition!? It's like the wrestlers don't fear it or think their hips are to good to get caught up in it. It's not hard to prepare for and stop that stuff, it just amazes me how many competitors fall for it.

Don't get me wrong, he is one of my favorite wrestlers, but last year Molinaro had no problems stopping it.

I also can't believe Ness got caught in the same move again by the MSU kid (we call it a twister). He wrestled him twice this year and got hit with the same move and put to his back twice, unbelievable.

Ness sure keeps you on the edge of your seat!

Ness is a throwback wrestler, from the same mold as Gene Mills and Randy Lewis. He is a pinner through and through and not afraid to give up points to get the pin. The fact that the wrestling world has evolved to a style that favors risk aversion over risk-taking plays to his advantage, because college guys these days are not used to wrestling a guy like Ness. No matter whom he wrestles and how far behind he is, Ness will always have a pinner's chance to win.

A highlight video of Penn State's four champs, in the video Q talks about playing it safe. He's been known to take some chances too, but really in the finals and semis, those types of moves can send you packing. As a fan I love to see it though.

not a chance vs. oliver

Based on their recent matchup where Ness had Oliver running for his life the last 15 seconds, I would say he has a chance against Oliver. JO is still the favorite, but he's got a shot.

I can't believe he can hit those elevator series moves against top competition!? It's like the wrestlers don't fear it or think their hips are to good to get caught up in it. It's not hard to prepare for and stop that stuff, it just amazes me how many competitors fall for it.

Don't get me wrong, he is one of my favorite wrestlers, but last year Molinaro had no problems stopping it.

I also can't believe Ness got caught in the same move again by the MSU kid (we call it a twister). He wrestled him twice this year and got hit with the same move and put to his back twice, unbelievable.

Ness sure keeps you on the edge of your seat!

It took all that Molinaro had to stop the mixer in the finals. Although it was just one series, I can guarantee he was worried about it.

After the Illinois match I almost gave up on him, but the B1G finals reaffirmed that he is a confident and dangerous wrestler.

The cement mixer is becoming a lost art, even in PA where it was brought to fame. Although it is low percentage defense, I still think it should be taught to become comfortable in the front headlock/elevator position. If executed correctly, whether successful or not, it still creates some offensive scramble opportunities.

I remember in his National Duals match against Paddock, he almost put paddock on his back WHILE HIMSELF BEING CRADLED.

His high flier is just absurd. Its the kind of move that shouldn't work on wrestlers at this level, but he's able to do it, even though by now people should know that its coming. He's still got a lot of holes in his game and he is very much beatable, but boy is he fun to watch and a danger to anyone.

It took all that Molinaro had to stop the mixer in the finals. Although it was just one series, I can guarantee he was worried about it.

Molinaro wrestled that NCAA finals match injured. He was literally limping around the mat. If my memory serves me correctly, two weeks earlier when not injured Molinaro TF Ness 15-0.

In the aspect of comparing Ness to Mills and Lewis, I would agree only with the potion of being a pinner. He definately has a fun style to watch as did Mills and Lewis... but both of the aforementioned were "just a little bit different".

I am not a Minny fan, but I am a fan of the Ness brothers! Jayson pulling it out against Dennis in the finals with a few seconds left.

Dylan reminds me a little bit of Wade Schalles. Lewboo told that once he saw how Schalles wrestled he took to it like a duck does to water. I look forward to Ness the next two years. Wonder if he'll fill out enough to be 165 next year and face Taylor. Would that be a wonderful matchup.