Sign in to follow this  
cangemi

Nickal , Nolf,Lee

Nickal will have to go against a bunch of insane guys at 86kg (Taylor, Ringer, maybe Zahid, maybe Hall, maybe Dake, maybe Jden) or at 97kg (Snyder, maybe Cox, maybe Varner). He is amazing, but he would have to beat a world champ and maybe 2 to make the team. 

Nolf I assume can’t make 65kg, so he would have to go to 74kg against Burroughs, maybe Dake, iMar, maybe James Green and be way undersized. 

Both are amazing but both are tweeners in the strongest part of the USA lineup arguably in history. 74, 86 and 97 will possibly have at least 2 world champs each. 

The way Nickal and Nolf are wrestling. Can't count them out 2020.

Do they plan on competing for a back up spot?

Maybe they will just sit it out until 2024?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Yeah tough spot for those guys right now, don't see any of the current PSU guys making the 2019 or 2020 teams.  I think Nolf would be the best bet if there was a 70kg in 2020, but I don't think he's going to be freestyle savvy enough right after NCAAs to take out Green. 

All of the PSU guys have a tough go for sure. If I were guessing it would go:

In 2019

Nolf 154

Cenzo and Hall at 163

Nickal at 203....Cox I think is his best chance if his choices are Taylor, Cox or Snyder

In 2020

Nolf, Cenzo and Hall at 163....Can they beat Dake and an aging Burrough. Also Imar

Nickal at 189...Can he beat his training partner? Or go to 213 and face Snyder, Cox and Varner. Feel sorry for him:-)

I don't see Hall making 163 for 2019, maybe 2020 (even though he said he was done with that cut, and that was during the night-before weighins) but he only has a month or so after NCAAs to drop down.  79 is what I see for Hall in 2019. 

Just now, Gantry said:

I don't see Hall making 163 for 2019, maybe 2020 (even though he said he was done with that cut, and that was during the night-before weighins) but he only has a month or so after NCAAs to drop down.  79 is what I see for Hall in 2019. 

I agree. wasn't thinking. 

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

Nickal At 97 in 2019? I don’t see it. He isn’t a big 197 pounder. I doubt he goes up 16 pounds in a month or two. 

The rest don’t have a chance at making the world team this year. 

I was being highly sarcastic. If PSU has even three world team members, the champagne should come out, and two is very solid.

2 hours ago, Gantry said:

I  think he’ll be at 163 for 2020.  He actually weighed less for certifications than he did last year. At least according to track.  I believe he alluded to keeping his weight down in an interview earlier this year.  I think he expects to make that cut 

In 2019, I think it is more likely to imagine PSU guys as follows: 

Nico at 61 KG

Zain and Molinaro at 65 KG

Nolf at 70 KG

Joseph at 74 KG

Hall at 79 KG

Taylor at 86 KG

Nickal at 92 KG

Cassar at 97 KG or 125 KG

In the order of guys chances at winning the top spot on the USA freestyle team, I would guess:  Taylor, Nolf, Zain, Molinaro, Nickal, Nico, Cassar, Joseph, Hall.  

Would love to see Hall against Dake; Nolf against Green; Zain against JO; Nickal against Cox; Joseph against Borroughs; and Cassar against Gwiz.

7 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

In 2019, I think it is more likely to imagine PSU guys as follows: 

Nico at 61 KG

Zain and Molinaro at 65 KG

Nolf at 70 KG

Joseph at 74 KG

Hall at 79 KG

Taylor at 86 KG

Nickal at 92 KG

Cassar at 97 KG or 125 KG

In the order of guys chances at winning the top spot on the USA freestyle team, I would guess:  Taylor, Nolf, Zain, Molinaro, Nickal, Nico, Cassar, Joseph, Hall.  

Would love to see Hall against Dake; Nolf against Green; Zain against JO; Nickal against Cox; Joseph against Borroughs; and Cassar against Gwiz.

Hall vs Dake match basically would be a counter to a counter to another counter to another...

I think it is highly presumptive the "Dake would tech Hall".  Just like there is no evidence backing my sentiment that Hall would beat Dake, but... there's just no evidence that he would 'tech' Hall.  Hall's "better" style if freestyle, for one, and secondly, Hall just beat, in a folkstyle match, the Final X runner-up to Dake that gave Dake two intense matches.  

Hall is "there"... Former 2x Jr. World Champ.  

Again, I'm not saying he beats Dake, but to suggest that he gets tech'd is a bit... fantastical at this point.  

On 1/3/2019 at 12:36 PM, PRyan2012 said:

Nickal at 189...Can he beat his training partner? Or go to 213 and face Snyder, Cox and Varner. Feel sorry for him:-)

Varner?! Is he actually coming out of retirement for 2020 or is this just your fanboy dream?

I think it is highly presumptive the "Dake would tech Hall".  Just like there is no evidence backing my sentiment that Hall would beat Dake, but... there's just no evidence that he would 'tech' Hall.  Hall's "better" style if freestyle, for one, and secondly, Hall just beat, in a folkstyle match, the Final X runner-up to Dake that gave Dake two intense matches.  
Hall is "there"... Former 2x Jr. World Champ.  
Again, I'm not saying he beats Dake, but to suggest that he gets tech'd is a bit... fantastical at this point.  
If Adam Hall beat Mark Hall 14/5, Kyle Dake can beat him by 10.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk