Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cangemi

Nickal , Nolf,Lee

Recommended Posts

Well, there is a lot to cover here, So starting with Lee, I am not 100% sure that he will compete this year. I actually think we see a replay of 2018, with Fix and Gilman at 57. 

61, I think Mega will be a force, but unless something happens like an injury, I will sound like a broken record and say that it will come down to Colon and Garrett. 

65, should be very intriguing, especially with Zain, J.O. Logiebear, Joey Mac, Eierman, Yanni D, and others will all have their hats in the ring. I don't know where GHulk will land, but since he was at 70 last year, I am think we will see him at 70 again. 

70, I expect to see Nolf at this weight, but also GHulk, Pantaleo, Deakin, Hidlay, and of course, James Green. I am not sure what Jason Chamberlain is going to do. 

74, IMar, Kulchyskyy, Wick, The Bull, and of course JB. 

79, Mark Hall, Zahid, Dieringer, and Kid Dynamite are going to be the top contenders. 

86, Well, Nick Reenan, was the last guy standing vying to challenge DT last year, I am not sure who will emerge this year. Maybe MyMar, maybe Sammy Brooks, but I don't think anyone is going to dethrone DT. 

92, Well, if Heflin has fully recovered I think we see him, and Zillmer, being the guys that come out of the tourney to challenge J'Den, but maybe we see Nickal, or Kollin Moore. I know Nickal was DT's training partner last year, so he might be a guy who snatches the challenge tourney title. 

97, well the last two years we've seen SnyderMan Gadson battling, and right now I think it will be more of the same, but it's possible that someone takes out Gadson to challenge Kyle. I think Kyle's biggest challenge will come in the following year when J'Den comes up from 92. 

125, I think the two questions are, does Adam Coon, try to go both styles again, and the other is how much improvement has Gable made. Anthony Nelson and Jake Varner, ( if he wrestles ), will be the other top guys. 

Edited by de4856
Additional information

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, treep2000 said:

I think it is highly presumptive the "Dake would tech Hall".  Just like there is no evidence backing my sentiment that Hall would beat Dake, but... there's just no evidence that he would 'tech' Hall.  Hall's "better" style if freestyle, for one, and secondly, Hall just beat, in a folkstyle match, the Final X runner-up to Dake that gave Dake two intense matches.  

Hall is "there"... Former 2x Jr. World Champ.  

Again, I'm not saying he beats Dake, but to suggest that he gets tech'd is a bit... fantastical at this point.  

Dake has the ability to tech anyone in the US and likely the world. He teched the Russian who beat him at Yarygin. He has teched a very game Ringer. It is not at all presumptuous to suggest a tech would be the outcome.  Granted, he can also beat you 1-0 and make it look like a 4-point lead, so I’m not calling for a tech myself. 

Hall is so good defensively that if he snuck a criteria win off of Dake, I wouldn’t be utterly shocked. But I think a lopsided Dake win is significantly more likely than a Hall win. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Dake has the ability to tech anyone in the US and likely the world. He teched the Russian who beat him at Yarygin. He has teched a very game Ringer. It is not at all presumptuous to suggest a tech would be the outcome.  Granted, he can also beat you 1-0 and make it look like a 4-point lead, so I’m not calling for a tech myself. 

Hall is so good defensively that if he snuck a criteria win off of Dake, I wouldn’t be utterly shocked. But I think a lopsided Dake win is significantly more likely than a Hall win. 

yeah... i'm cool with this.  Overconfident preconceptions of it being just an "automatic tech" is what I'm more against.  Could Dake tech Hall?  Absolutely.  Could Hall win against Dake?  I don't think it's wise to count him out.  So, I say yes.  Do we have an amazing overabundance of talent at 79kg right now with Dake, Valencia, Ringer, and Hall?  Oh gosh yes... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, wrestlingnerd said:

Dake has the ability to tech anyone in the US and likely the world. He teched the Russian who beat him at Yarygin. He has teched a very game Ringer. It is not at all presumptuous to suggest a tech would be the outcome.  Granted, he can also beat you 1-0 and make it look like a 4-point lead, so I’m not calling for a tech myself. 

Hall is so good defensively that if he snuck a criteria win off of Dake, I wouldn’t be utterly shocked. But I think a lopsided Dake win is significantly more likely than a Hall win. 

 

Plus techs are common as dirt in FS. Half the scores from most FS tournaments seem to be 10-0 techs, and of guys who are really good wrestlers getting blanked 10-0. Guys can lock onto that stupid gator roll, or whatever it's called, and rack up a ****load of points in just a few seconds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, TobusRex said:

 

Plus techs are common as dirt in FS. Half the scores from most FS tournaments seem to be 10-0 techs, and of guys who are really good wrestlers getting blanked 10-0. Guys can lock onto that stupid gator roll, or whatever it's called, and rack up a ****load of points in just a few seconds.

Excellent point. Getting teched in folk means you got completely outclassed.  In freestyle it can mean a couple of close positions didn’t go your way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2019 at 12:04 AM, de4856 said:

Well, there is a lot to cover here, So starting with Lee, I am not 100% sure that he will compete this year. I actually think we see a replay of 2018, with Fix and Gilman at 57. 

61, I think Mega will be a force, but unless something happens like an injury, I will sound like a broken record and say that it will come down to Colon and Garrett. 

65, should be very intriguing, especially with Zain, J.O. Logiebear, Joey Mac, Eierman, Yanni D, and others will all have their hats in the ring. I don't know where GHulk will land, but since he was at 70 last year, I am think we will see him at 70 again. 

70, I expect to see Nolf at this weight, but also GHulk, Pantaleo, Deakin, Hidlay, and of course, James Green. I am not sure what Jason Chamberlain is going to do. 

74, IMar, Kulchyskyy, Wick, The Bull, and of course JB. 

79, Mark Hall, Zahid, Dieringer, and Kid Dynamite are going to be the top contenders. 

86, Well, Nick Reenan, was the last guy standing vying to challenge DT last year, I am not sure who will emerge this year. Maybe MyMar, maybe Sammy Brooks, but I don't think anyone is going to dethrone DT. 

92, Well, if Heflin has fully recovered I think we see him, and Zillmer, being the guys that come out of the tourney to challenge J'Den, but maybe we see Nickal, or Kollin Moore. I know Nickal was DT's training partner last year, so he might be a guy who snatches the challenge tourney title. 

97, well the last two years we've seen SnyderMan Gadson battling, and right now I think it will be more of the same, but it's possible that someone takes out Gadson to challenge Kyle. I think Kyle's biggest challenge will come in the following year when J'Den comes up from 92. 

125, I think the two questions are, does Adam Coon, try to go both styles again, and the other is how much improvement has Gable made. Anthony Nelson and Jake Varner, ( if he wrestles ), will be the other top guys. 

Molinaro said he is going 65 by the US Open

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 8:30 PM, Eagle26 said:

Varner?! Is he actually coming out of retirement for 2020 or is this just your fanboy dream?

He actually wrestled the US Open and WTT at heavyweight 8 months ago. He beat Hall, Bradley, Nelson and nearly Coon in the finals. I think that is pretty good. It is all about $ from his shoe contract if he competes in 2019 and 2020. If he does I think he goes 213. So not really just a fanboy dream. Still cashing in on that Olympic Gold still which is smart. And it doesn't hurt to be Cael's best friend either:-)

Edited by PRyan2012

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, DEFan79 said:

61 kg should be interesting. Apparently Suriano may get back into the freestyle game this year and at 61.  He is a threat to Nico, Garrett and Colon.

This... 

This is good for 'Merica…. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, after thinking about this a little more, and even though we have a lot of great stars waiting in the wings, I don't think we see much of a change in our Senior team line up until after the 2020 Olympics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, de4856 said:

Well, after thinking about this a little more, and even though we have a lot of great stars waiting in the wings, I don't think we see much of a change in our Senior team line up until after the 2020 Olympics. 

I totally agree. I think 2019 stays old dogs for now:

Gilman

Colon

Logan

Green

Burroughs

Dake

Taylor

Cox

Gwiz

 

History says one or two will get knocked out but who? Best chance  for upset at each weight is:

Lee over Gilman?

Garrett over Colon?

Oliver/Zain//Hulk over Logan?

Nolf over Green?

Burroughs

Dake

Taylor

Nickal over Cox?

Varner over Snyder?

Gable over Gwiz?

 

I see the team not changing at all but I will say 133 and 143 will be tossups. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, PRyan2012 said:

I totally agree. I think 2019 stays old dogs for now:

Gilman

Colon

Logan

Green

Burroughs

Dake

Taylor

Cox

Gwiz

 

History says one or two will get knocked out but who? Best chance  for upset at each weight is:

Lee over Gilman?

Garrett over Colon?

Oliver/Zain//Hulk over Logan?

Nolf over Green?

Burroughs

Dake

Taylor

Nickal over Cox?

Varner over Snyder?

Gable over Gwiz?

 

I see the team not changing at all but I will say 133 and 143 will be tossups. 

 

 

I could see Gross or Suriano taking out Colon at 61, but probably not taking out Garrett.  Although, the Gross/Garrett match last year was highly entertaining, and I'd love to see that match again with Gross having more freestyle preparation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, I believe that 65, it probably the weight class that faces the most uncertainty this year. Basically due to the number of highly talented challengers that Logiebear will have to face. Logiebear is really going to find himself in a gauntlet. 

At 61, I would suspect that Colon would be the next guy who is the most vulnerable, basically because I see him and Garrett being so close. I do think that Mega, and Gross, will also be there to make a serious challenge as well. 

As far as our other weights go, I think that our Senior guys will no doubt face a tough challenge, but I think they will all pull through. 

Now when 2020 rolls around we will obviously some guys change weight classes, and we will probably see some stand pat waiting to go to the World Championships for the weights that weren't contested at the Olympics. Now the big question is for 2020, is who's going to make the Olympic team and who isn't. I see that all our six Olympic weight classes will be heavily contested. But even though they will be a lot of pressure and competition, I still see that JB, DT, SnyderMan, and Gwiz, will prevail to be our reps. As far as 57, and 65, goes, It's anybody's guess. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...