Sign in to follow this  
VakAttack

Cael Face

3 minutes ago, VakAttack said:

This match ending had a bunch of meme-worthy faces.  I got one of Gomez where's staring straight into the camera that I'm trying to upload, but the site is telling me it's too big.

upload it to a photo hosting site and link the url.

20 hours ago, hammerlockthree said:

John Smith's face is the best. He looks at everyone like he can't quite comprehend how badly they suck.

I think this captures all of Smith's assets and liabilities as a coach. At OSU he is the undisputed GOAT. Every coach on staff, the guys in the room, and every little kid who dreams of being cowboy know it. He is always right and knows what's best. JO said it explicitly in a recent flo vid. The best results come from guys who, like guerrero and scott, try to become John Smith Jr Jr, even down to imitating his voice. Other kids seem caught in a position of never being able to please him; I'm sure this provokes a lot of negative self talk. 

Edited by jackwebster
Typo

What makes him unique, and his greatest liability as a coach from what I can tell, is that I think he has achieved so much that I think he is the only coach that really doesn't take his athletes performance as a reflection on himself, hence the hilariously disgusted expressions. Even Cael has regrets about his career, and therefore ghosts to chase, but I think Smith considers himself to have legitimately destroyed every blemish on his reputation. 

4 hours ago, jackwebster said:

I think this captures all of Smith's assets and liabilities as a coach. At OSU he is the undisputed GOAT. Every coach on staff, the guys in the room, and every little kid who dreams of being cowboy knows it. He is always right and knows what's best. JO said it explicitly in a recent flo vid. The best results come from guys who, like guerrero and scott, try to become John Smith Jr Jr, even down to imitating his voice. Other kids seem caught in a position of never being able to please him; I'm sure this provokes a lot of negative self talk. 

I've never heard of him referred to as the "OSU GOAT" much less "undisputed."  The USA GOAT but not OSU.  

5 hours ago, ionel said:

I've never heard of him referred to as the "OSU GOAT" much less "undisputed."  The USA GOAT but not OSU.  

Good point. Obviously, there were guys with better college credentials. 

I haven't paid attention to how much he puts this piece of advice into matside coaching , but Steve Garland once told me (and I paraphrase) "Always stay positive about your team in public; always be honest in private." It seems like the right approach, but I have no evidence of its efficacy