• 165- Joseph
  • 174- Hall
  • 184- Brooks
  • 197- Rasheed* (otherwise Beard)
  • HWT- Cassar* (otherwise S. Nevills)

*If 6th year is granted and he uses it.

(Edited after other comments below.)

Edited by Katie

Would Hall And/Or Joseph take  a redshirt next year with the Olympics coming up to work on Freestyle?    Joseph could take an Olympic Redshirt as could Hall, Hall has not used his regular Redshirt  as well.

Although 6th years appear to be the easiest to attain recently, isn't there some sort of perceived quota for Universities(I remember reading this in years past), especially the same sport?  I would be surprised if they award 2 the same year to the same sport.

Although 6th years appear to be the easiest to attain recently, isn't there some sort of perceived quota for Universities(I remember reading this in years past), especially the same sport?  I would be surprised if they award 2 the same year to the same sport.

You nervous?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

21 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

I know that Cody Pack and Joe Brewster were both granted 6th years at the same time for SDSU.  Brewster chose not to use his.

6 hours ago, dougb said:

Would Hall And/Or Joseph take  a redshirt next year with the Olympics coming up to work on Freestyle?    Joseph could take an Olympic Redshirt as could Hall, Hall has not used his regular Redshirt  as well.

if they both took RS next year PSU would probably be conceding the title, though they could still have a pretty tough team particularly if they get some/all of the 6th years approved. Kinda doubt they do it but never know. Maybe Hall takes his, Joseph moves up, Manville at 165?   

4 minutes ago, pish6969 said:

You nervous?

Nope.  I would like to see every competitor get his 4 chances at NCAA's if one was lost due to something completely out of their control.  I just see some of you that seem very confident both will get theirs and it brought me back to some discussions I remember that even talked about how much harder it is for a school to get them in back to back years, let alone 2 in the same.

10 hours ago, pish6969 said:

My guess next year..

Teske
RBY
Lee
Verk
Berge
Joseph
Hall
Brooks
Shak
Cassar

Anyway you slice it, that's a great lineup (again).  

125:  Possible AA

133:  AA

141:  High AA

149:  Possible AA

157:  Possible AA

165:  Champ

174:  Champ

184:  Possible AA

197:  High AA/Champ

HWT:  AA

However, I do think tOSU is going to continue to have some type of answer/response to this:

125:  Malik (if he adds weight, possible AA)

133:  Pletcher (AA)

141:  Quinner (possible AA)

149:  Hayes (likely AA) (could be flipped with Sasso, similar result)

157:  Sasso (likely AA) (could be flipped with Hayes, similar result)

165:  Kharchla (likely AA)

174:  E. Smith / R. Jordan (possible AA)

184:  Hoffman (likely AA)

197:  Moore (Champ/High AA)

HWT:  Singletary / Kerkvliet (possible AA)

Theoretically, both PSU and tOSU could each have 10 AA's (if the stars align that is).

Why should they care if one or two individuals from the same school apply for a hardship waiver? Seems to me that should come down to the individual and their circumstances, not if someone in close proximity has also had some misfortunes

4 minutes ago, Perry said:

Why should they care if one or two individuals from the same school apply for a hardship waiver? Seems to me that should come down to the individual and their circumstances, not if someone in close proximity has also had some misfortunes

I agree,  I just remember it being an issue in years past.  However, they are giving them out like candy.  Still, Rasheed's looks like it will be the hardest to get and would show us where the NCAA stance is at on this now, if he gets it.  He did wrestle every season, including his RS year.  That complicates things.  Ashnault at least missed a full season and Cassar should be fine since he is in the same boat.  

Even Gravina didn't compete his rs year, so he had that full season plus the following season that he was 11 matches in before injury.

Edited by MSU158

12 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

posts like then don't serve you well because no one knows if you are being flippant or are actually that dumb.

I think both of you should save this... and then, since this can be factually proven in about 280 days, compare your notes, and settle your little accusatory BS game once and for all.  Use data, instead of your feelings, to prove your points.  Afterall, we all have feelings... nothing but... feelings... 

1 hour ago, treep2000 said:

I think both of you should save this... and then, since this can be factually proven in about 280 days, compare your notes, and settle your little accusatory BS game once and for all.  Use data, instead of your feelings, to prove your points.  Afterall, we all have feelings... nothing but... feelings... 

He is the idiot who claimed I was dumb when after the 2017 season I said Cassar "could" beat Kollin Moore. As it turned out, Cassar did beat Moore.

He is an trouble making internet bully. I would call him worse but don't want to be banned.  

1 hour ago, treep2000 said:

I suggest get a private room for this little spat.  The unnecessary personal responses are clogging the board. It is f king embarassing

I don’t believe if Hall and Cenzo take an ORS, penn state is conceding the title. They will still have a ton of points in there, we’ve seen what they’ve done with their freshman and sophomores. They have more potential firepower than the previus mass redshirting.