Dhesi's number 1 ranking was a bit premature imo.

Agreed. I can see it preseason but IMO if a guy has 3 or less matches come Jan, have to remove them or keep them out or down until they active again and can show where they stand.

Stoll should move down, Gross should move down. Let them come back start beating some quality opponents and then re rank them. With injuries who knows what Stoll or Gross are at this point

Steveson taking on everyone and beating all comers.. not fair to him to have guys ranked ahead of him at this point in year based on last year’s accomplishments.

Same with Suriano/Fix

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dhesi didn't look good last year when he first came back(only a couple weeks earlier than this year), losing 9-2 to Jennings and by FALL to Hemida at Midlands.  He would drastically improve by season's end.  There is no way to guarantee he repeats that improvement, but based on last year, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Agree with lowering Gross and Stoll in the rankings. I know seeding will take the lack of competition into account but why should they be above guys who are running the gauntlet on all comers?

4 minutes ago, squeek said:

Is there any chance ASU pulls Tanner Hall's redshirt? That would make for a huge weekend for Parris.

Sent from my LG-V530 using Tapatalk

I think ASU is prepping for a big year next season.

10 hours ago, LemonPie said:

Was Dhesi horribly out of shape? Isn’t that his m.o.?

I was there watching.  It looked like it to me, that plus mat rust.  I think it's Dhesi's first folkstyle wrestling since Cleveland LY.   Taking nothing away from Parris, he wrestled a great match.  Wolverines stomped a mud hole in the Beavs.  I figured as much going into the dual.

Is there a video of the match.  I'm not sold on Parris, but I'm also not doubting his pure athleticism.  I don't think he's sniffing Gable this year at all, but, an AA finish seems highly possible, based on what I've seen so far. 

5 minutes ago, treep2000 said:

Is there a video of the match.  I'm not sold on Parris, but I'm also not doubting his pure athleticism.  I don't think he's sniffing Gable this year at all, but, an AA finish seems highly possible, based on what I've seen so far. 

Its gotta be somewhere. The dual was broadcast on pac12 networks

Someone on the PSU board mentioned that Parris goes for the same dump type attack constantly.  If you can stop it, you're in the match.  If you can't (which he said Dhesi couldn't) then you are in trouble. 

Probably unfair to Parris but often true freshman come in with a great single move and knock off guys you wouldn't expect them to.  Then as familiarity and scouting comes into play said move gets less and less effective.  Remains to be seen if this is the case with Parris but I sure know that HWT is going to be fun this year. 

1 hour ago, CB said:

I was there watching.  It looked like it to me, that plus mat rust.  I think it's Dhesi's first folkstyle wrestling since Cleveland LY.   Taking nothing away from Parris, he wrestled a great match.  Wolverines stomped a mud hole in the Beavs.  I figured as much going into the dual.

This...and look at Dhesi last year - same thing - started late - was rusty - took a couple losses...got in shape and then steadily looked great. Parris did look like a beast. 

4 hours ago, justafan said:

Michigan is looking for a team trophy this year go for it.You can redshirt down the road if need be plus if your healthy and competing with all the injuries these days wrestle now.

I concur. 

Parris is clearly capable of competing with the best in DI right now. 

I think he’ll get more out of wrestling this year than he would by redshirting. 

One thing is certain, if he stays healthy and motivated, he’s going to become a very dominant DI heavyweight.