Sign in to follow this  
williamhofithaca

FLO Pro seems like a bargain to me!

I just went on Trackwrestling.com to order coverage  of the Multidivisional National Duals (which does not include D1 teams). The price is $19.95- more than a whole month of premium service on FLO.    

Fair enough... no one is forced to buy anything, but this really puts the great value FLO Pro represents in context.    

BTW, I have no affiliation with FLO- just calling it like I see it!!

Edited by williamhofithaca

Agree Track let's the person running the event set the price.So the event makes some money off you watching it and so does Track.Its ok if you want to watch 1 event once in awhile but to watch events on Track every weekend gets expensive.Track should have a subscription service but they obviously make more money without it.

I've been a member of FLO for over a year now. I'm still not content with the content. I want more encompassing wrestling coverage, not spot coverage. I recognize they don't have complete control of what they can/cannot broadcast.

...brought to you by a guy that has no connection to Flowrestling, but is still connected to Flowrestling, for the benefit of Flowrestling. 

I'm suspect of a user ID with 27 total posts making such a strong, supportive statement for a paid subscription model type of service. 

Edited by treep2000
I wanted to

1 hour ago, treep2000 said:

...brought to you by a guy that has no connection to Flowrestling, but is still connected to Flowrestling, for the benefit of Flowrestling. 

I'm suspect of a user ID with 27 total posts making such a strong, supportive statement for a paid subscription model type of service. 

This also crossed my mind.

Having said that I do think Flowrestling is a great deal! $150 dollars a year. Thats 41 cents a day; not even 2 cents an hour. You can't afford not buy Flo! 

Smart phones can cost up to $1000 but do tons of things and are really innovative. That doesn't mean i need to pay for it. Smart phones can run under $50 too, they still make calls, take pics and allow you to browse the internet. Currently flo has no second option but i think they would benefit from one.

williamhofithaca is obviously affiliated with Flo but he's right, they have improved tremendously over that past few years.  Personally, I only care to watch NCAA and freestyle wrestling so it is difficult for me to derive much value at $150 annually.  To a large extent, that's outside of Flo's control; e.g., they covered both the Scuffle and the Midlands (somewhat) this year but the tournaments were considerably underwhelming.  

1 hour ago, russelscout said:

This also crossed my mind.

Having said that I do think Flowrestling is a great deal! $150 dollars a year. Thats 41 cents a day; not even 2 cents an hour. You can't afford not buy Flo! 

It was either FLO or I could 1) feed a starving kid in Asia for 41 cents a day or 2) warm a cold dog for 41 cents a day (couldn't believe those commercials, btw!).

So I did the right thing: I chose wrestling over starving kids and cold animals.

Edited by TobusRex

17 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

It was either FLO or I could 1) feed a starving kid in Asia for 41 cents a day or 2) warm a cold dog for 41 cents a day (couldn't believe those commercials, btw!).

So I did the right thing: I chose wrestling over starving kids and cold animals.

I decided on my 401K and IRA. A man's gotta have money to retire on a beachfront property. At least one which is worth retiring on. Has to be one that is not too crowded but still has some activity worthy of watching. 

13 years to go. 

3 hours ago, kgschalhoub said:

I think Flo is a great value. Just look at all the coverage that was unheard of even two years ago. Plus they have an app for my Apple TV. I am very happy with the service and always wonder why they take so much heat.

another sock puppet account brought to you by flo

7 hours ago, williamhofithaca said:

I just went on Trackwrestling.com to order coverage  of the Multidivisional National Duals (which does not include D1 teams). The price is $19.95- more than a whole month of premium service on FLO.    

Fair enough... no one is forced to buy anything, but this really puts the great value FLO Pro represents in context.    

BTW, I have no affiliation with FLO- just calling it like I see it!!

You're not supposed to make your burners this obvious, Willie. 

I’ve had a subscription to to flowrestling and I liked it well enough then got mad and dropped it when the coverage of the PSU-OSU dual was a train wreck.  I liked the little documentaries they put out and such but I wished they wouldn’t give away the results of recent matches in the headings.  Finding specific matches from the past was also like sifting though old newspaper clippings.  Minor complaints, though.  Might get it again but I agree the OP prob works for flo, haha! 

Edited by LCpl Schmuckatelli

$12.95/mo is a fair price for what FLO offers a wrestling fan. So, for wrestling fans it's a good value.

$150 is a horrible price for what FLO offers a marginal fan who would like to check out the Southern Scuffle.

Not offering a monthly subscription creates a barrier between super great wrestling events like the Southern Scuffle, and the occasional wrestling fan, which kills the growth of the wrestling fan base.

Which is why I think FLO gets so little access to the Penn State program. I think Cael sees it this way and feels that ultimately FLO is helping themselves at the expense of growing the sport of wrestling.

I think FLO has helped wrestling as well, but I think ultimately blocking occasional fans from watching marquee events is harmful to growing the sport

1 hour ago, skikayaker said:

$12.95/mo is a fair price for what FLO offers a wrestling fan. So, for wrestling fans it's a good value.

$150 is a horrible price for what FLO offers a marginal fan who would like to check out the Southern Scuffle.

Not offering a monthly subscription creates a barrier between super great wrestling events like the Southern Scuffle, and the occasional wrestling fan, which kills the growth of the wrestling fan base.

Which is why I think FLO gets so little access to the Penn State program. I think Cael sees it this way and feels that ultimately FLO is helping themselves at the expense of growing the sport of wrestling.

I think FLO has helped wrestling as well, but I think ultimately blocking occasional fans from watching marquee events is harmful to growing the sport

This is exactly right.  When they initially dropped the monthly subscriptions, I thought it was a short-term solution to reduce the chance of marginal fans overrunning their streams.  However, it has been over a year since and they still only offer the annual subscription.  Perhaps the higher marginal costs has allowed them to control demand and consequently improve their streaming quality but it seems like a short-sighted strategy.  

I have been a flo subscriber pretty much since the beginning when it was technique wave. I’ve wanted to drop it several times, especially after I invited a bunch of people over to watch the penn state okie state disaster! But I have to admit I do like the content and it is worth it to me. I wish they did more with technique still, and some of the streaming issues are have been ridiculous but I still enjoy it. I would not say it’s a bargain though... look at what you get with amazon prime or Netflix. Both are cheaper with way more content. I expect to pay a little more for a niche market so I can justify spending the money for it though 

2 hours ago, skikayaker said:

This. I really only want to watch my Cowboy's during the collegiate season. I could care less about technique videos or a drama about Terry Brands....

I used to have a monthly sub and probably would today if offered, but at $150 for three months of season I just can't justify, especially after the OSU/PSU fiasco from a couple of years ago when I cancelled my sub.

Trying to do any of them with slow internet is a loser. Start, stop - over and over again. Then there are the lost signals or freezing up. Other sites still work. Can watch some YouTube and movies if I let them load for awhile. But live events" Not worth it.

Add in the amateur announcers we too often see and it is almost as stupid as having Basketball player Karl Malone on a broadcast.