Sign in to follow this  
moveurfeet32

Can NJ wrestlers win 6 out the 10 NCAA Titles this year?

current flo ranking

125-  #1 Rivera

133-  #2  Suriano..Just silly Gross is still ranked #1 right now after 1 bout 

141-  #2 McKenna

149- #2 Ashnault

165-  #9 Lewis..long shot

174-  #5 Mcfadden

184- #1  Martin

285-  #3 Cassar

Might not have any but a good weekend in Pittsburgh could be epic for the Garden State

Edited by moveurfeet32

It can happen but I think I’d be surprised if it’s more than 2.  Martin is probably the only one that’s the clear favorite, then I figure at least one of the others will win between 125, 133, 141, 149, and 285 but they all have tough roads.  Doubtful at 165 or 174.

6-7 in the finals seems doable though.  

10 minutes ago, TobusRex said:

I have a higher chance of bedding Katy Perry and Jynx Maze in the same night than NJ has of picking up 6 NCAA titles in a night :D

You obviously think too high of yourself...You have zero chance..NJ has a long shot at 6

17 hours ago, ScarletKnight said:

NJ is dominating this season like nothing weve seen before.   125 could be an all nj finals too.   6 is definitely possible, 4-5 is more likely 

What are you talking about? PA does this fairly regularly. 2 years ago 125 was an all PA final. Nolf vs Hidlay, Rethorford vs Perry last year

Just now, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

What are you talking about? PA does this fairly regularly. 2 years ago 125 was an all PA final. Nolf vs Hidlay, Rethorford vs Perry last year

Re-read his post. The 125 point was secondary.

23 minutes ago, Ogalthorpe Haywood said:

My point was We’ve seen states dominate and I gave examples. Re-read, or I could break it down more if you would like. 

Then your point and post differed. Your post was clearly regarding 125. Maybe I should say reread your own post. 

I don't particularly disagree that depending on what he meant by saying NJ is dominating like nothing we've ever seen that Pa (and likely OK in the past) have had years similar. But he 'might' have meant (and I don't think he meant this) that it's like NJ never did before rather than any other state. And I'm from NJ and have worked with Team NJ going to now Fargo for 40 years.

Jersey has an excellent group and might be their best group ever.  See Martin as their best chance and see the rest as this way:

Rivera:  I see him as finalist and if Lee is anything less than 100%, he wins.

Suriano:  I lilke his chances to win a loaded 133.

Mckenna:  Finalist and if it wasn't for Yanni....(Mckenna reminds me of another Jersey Boy, Kellen Russell)

Ashnault:  Probably the best at this weight but I worry about his mental makeup in huge matches.  

Cassar will be right there but being a little undersized certainly hurts him but he can beat anyone at this weight(with the jury still out on Stevenson).

So yes, 6 is possible but I see it as 3 being a great year.  

1 hour ago, pennsyrules said:

Jersey has an excellent group and might be their best group ever.  See Martin as their best chance and see the rest as this way:

Rivera:  I see him as finalist and if Lee is anything less than 100%, he wins.

Suriano:  I lilke his chances to win a loaded 133.

Mckenna:  Finalist and if it wasn't for Yanni....(Mckenna reminds me of another Jersey Boy, Kellen Russell)

Ashnault:  Probably the best at this weight but I worry about his mental makeup in huge matches.  

Cassar will be right there but being a little undersized certainly hurts him but he can beat anyone at this weight(with the jury still out on Stevenson).

So yes, 6 is possible but I see it as 3 being a great year.  

Agreed.

I see it something like:

Martin 75% (0.75)

Ashnault 40% (1.15)

Suriano 35% (1.5)

Rivera 20% (1.7)

McKenna 15% (1.85)

Cassar 10% (1.95)

Lewis and McFadden combined 5% (2.0)

So I’m gonna go with 2

Edited by 1032004