lewan if they send him out. Otherwise pagdilo

massa dec

zahud dec

norfleet dec vs embree or tech vs backup

striggow MD

hvwt

Parris pin

1 minute ago, Perry said:

What's happened to Logan massa? He was so solid his red shirt and freshman year and has drastically regressed since then

He and Pantaleo both seem to have regressed. But it’s hard to tell in duals in January. It’ll be interesting to see how they do in the big 10 and NCAA tournaments this year. 

2 minutes ago, goheels1812 said:

He and Pantaleo both seem to have regressed. But it’s hard to tell in duals in January. It’ll be interesting to see how they do in the big 10 and NCAA tournaments this year. 

Pantaleo is recovering from mono, which is probably how he made 149 in the first place.  Per his twitter he only was back training for a week before Midlands.  Massa i'm not sure.  He was battling a knee injury last year which definitively hampered him.  I don't know what's going on this year.

1 minute ago, wrestleben said:

Pantaleo is recovering from mono, which is probably how he made 149 in the first place.  Per his twitter he only was back training for a week before Midlands.  Massa i'm not sure.  He was battling a knee injury last year which definitively hampered him.  I don't know what's going on this year.

Thanks for the info on Pantaleo. I was wondering how he went from one of the only guys in the country who could keep a match (relatively) close with Nolf, to losing to guys he should beat. I hope he gets back to 100% because he’s a fun guy to watch. 

10 hours ago, wrestleben said:

Any info on whether or not he plans to go back to 149? If he can make that and get back to top form, I could see him winning NCAAs. I realize that may be a big IF. Either way I hope he fully recovers because he is a threat at either weight. There’s just no Nolf at 149!

Weird dual. Upsets at 149 (Michigan), 157 (ASU), 165 (ASU) and almost 125. 

I have no idea what happened to Massa. Massa was a threat to Cenzo and iMar two season ago.  Shields is good but there is no way he should be beating Massa, especially that way. It didn’t sound competitive (although none of us got to watch it). 

1 hour ago, Housebuye said:

I have no idea what happened to Massa. Massa was a threat to Cenzo and iMar two season ago.  Shields is good but there is no way he should be beating Massa, especially that way. It didn’t sound competitive (although none of us got to watch it). 

Massa got the first TD, made a bunch of attempts to turn Shields in the first period, but as soon as Shields reversed in the second, he wilted soon after that.

In general, we usually see the old Logan for at least the first part of the match, but unlike his first season, he seems to lose momentum as certain bouts go on.

Shields is ranked higher than Massa (Intermat, track and open mat) so not an upset. Not sure why you think he shouldn’t be beating someone ranked lower.

Trust your eyes. Too many people go off of results from 2 yrs ago instead of really watching what’s going on today. Or they use Flos rankings which to me are the worst of the 4 main ranking services by far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, pish6969 said:

Shields is ranked higher than Massa (Intermat, track and open mat) so not an upset. Not sure why you think he shouldn’t be beating someone ranked lower.

Trust your eyes. Too many people go off of results from 2 yrs ago instead of really watching what’s going on today. Or they use Flos rankings which to me are the worst of the 4 main ranking services by far

Most people were picking Massa. Shield's ranking was based on being an AA last year. Rankings are a guide as to whether a match is an upset, not the only criteria.

Most people were picking Massa. Shield's ranking was based on being an AA last year. Rankings are a guide as to whether a match is an upset, not the only criteria.

I picked Shields and I wasn’t thinking it was an upset and the majority or ranking services agree with that take.

Massa is ranked 11 or 12 so it’s not an upset if he losses to 5

All that being said, my eyes told me Shields, just happened the rankers had it right