Sign in to follow this  
moveurfeet32

Rutgers @ Minnesota 3:15pm on B1G Network

Should be a pretty good dual. Minnesota is the heavy favorite and should win but there should be some great bouts. Ashnault was majored by Thorn 3 years ago so that one should be interesting. Suriano vs Lizak could be wild.

No. 8 MINNESOTA GOLDEN GOPHERS .........................................................................No. 20 Rutgers

No. 5 Sean Russell .....................................................125..............................................................Shane Metzler

No. 8 Ethan Lizak .......................................................133.......................................................No. 3 Nick Suriano

No. 5 Mitch McKee......................................................141.................................Michael Van Brill or Peter Lipari

No. 20 Tommy Thorn...................................................149................................................No. 2 Anthony Ashnault

No. 11 Steve Bleise.....................................................157..........................No. 17 John Van Brill or Jake Benner

Carson Brolsma..........................................................165 ......................................................Stephen Glasgow

No. 15 Devin Skatzka..................................................174 ............................................Joe Grello or Willie Scott

Owen Webster or Brandon Krone...............................184..............................................No. 12 Nicholas Gravina

Rylee Streifel or Dylan Anderson...............................197.........................................................Matthew Correnti

No. 2 Gable Stevenson................................................HWT........................................................Christian Colucci

Krone should  d slapped for losing that match.  Poorly, poorly wrestled.  He did nothing with a single leg in the air.  He locked his hands to lose a point.   He then gave up the voluntary escape.  He stalled.  And then he gave up a dumb takedown at the end.   Embarrassing!

Edited by dmm53

4 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

Krone should  d slapped for losing that match.  Poorly, poorly wrestled.  He did nothing with a single leg in the air.  He locked his hands to lose a point.   He then gave up the voluntary escape.  He stalled.  And then he gave up a dumb takedown at the end.   Embarrassing!

Eggum told him to cut him which made no sense to me. With the riding time point locked up he was up by 2 after the locking hands. Why cut him? Gave the match away to Gravina.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

4 minutes ago, dmm53 said:

Who is going to respond appropriately to some of Steveson's tough-guy and proto-punk gestures and actions?   Hopefully, someone will step forward this year.

I love it

I'm mildly concerned his career is going to be something like 125-1 (DQ by overzealous ref)

We have seen much worse than steveson this year alone (marinelli is just as "bad") and it's not that out of line. I saw him get wind mill cross faced in vegas and he was fine with it so he can take it just as much as he hands it out. At least hes not (yet) running into other team's huddles prior to duals...

9 minutes ago, Perry said:

We have seen much worse than steveson this year alone (marinelli is just as "bad") and it's not that out of line. I saw him get wind mill cross faced in vegas and he was fine with it so he can take it just as much as he hands it out. At least hes not (yet) running into other team's huddles prior to duals...

Huh? I've watched every Marinelli match this year and I can't think of a single instance of him even approaching Steveson's antics (which I don't think are a big deal). He wrestles hard and is very physical, but everything between the whistles from what I can tell. Considering he wrestles for the most historically hated program in the country (which itself has a history of such antics), I think he would be getting way more chatter than Gable if he were approaching the same antics.

I don't get the need for Gable defenders to always try to find some reason for why he does it or someone else to compare him to to make him seem not as bad. Let's just acknowledge the reality. He is a very chippy wrestler. He always has been too, going back to his first match with Schultz at fargo. Typically, when there's chippiness in a Gable match, he started it. And that's fine. It's part of his competitive edge and his style. He's mean and nasty out there, and he translates that into big points. It's legal, and when it isn't, he is penalized for it.

I have watched marinelli pull the same foot sweep/hands to the face out of bounds that steveson does and he is still my favorite iowa wrestler. As for nobody caring about him while being from iowa I would argue that nobody cares about iowa the same way anymore bc they are a fringe trophy team in the ranks of missouri, NC state and Michigan. Team brands hasn't dont anything of note since they had a double recruiting class and they are very likely not going to finish top 4 this season. 

Stoll wont even put on a singlet for that dual let along put up with gable's antics lol 

45 minutes ago, Perry said:

I have watched marinelli pull the same foot sweep/hands to the face out of bounds that steveson does and he is still my favorite iowa wrestler. As for nobody caring about him while being from iowa I would argue that nobody cares about iowa the same way anymore bc they are a fringe trophy team in the ranks of missouri, NC state and Michigan. Team brands hasn't dont anything of note since they had a double recruiting class and they are very likely not going to finish top 4 this season. 

Stoll wont even put on a singlet for that dual let along put up with gable's antics lol 

Wouldn't be surprised if Stoll doesnt wrestle until BigTens and if he qualifies for NCAAs he will MFFT out of the tournament.