Old Corps

Bo’s Gesture of Sportsmanship

1 minute ago, hammerlockthree said:

Corps,

First off, I was wrong to say it was condescending that was inflammatory on my part. 

My main thought is that Bo Nickal has more reason than anyone in NCAA wrestling to show good sportsmanship. when his chips are down and he does it, praise him then.

In other words when his opponent pins him.. he should pop up first.. go over to him and help him up off the mat.

Yeah I didn't want to go there but Headshuck pulled the smoking gun for me. 

He isn't an amazing sportsman, which is fine there aren't many out there.

Again, who are some examples of good sportsmen currently wrestling in the NCAA so we can tell our kids to model them.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

2 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

I already mentioned one in this topic stupid.

I didnt realise Mark Branch was currently wrestling in the NCAA. What's with the insult? I'm trying to have a civil conversation with you, nor have I disrespected or insulted you.

Edited by BigTenFanboy

Ok I am back to civility.

Every time someone tries all out to win but loses, and handles it well, that's way more than Bo does by helping them up after pinning them.  

Who would some of those fellows? Is Devon Schnupp a tremendous sportsman? 

Edited by BigTenFanboy

As a fan I have no problem with Bo offering a hand up to his opponents. I don’t think he is trying to be condescending or unsportsmanlike. However I can tell you that if I was the guy who just got pinned there is no way I would take his hand! I don’t think that would be unsportsmanlike either. I haven’t really paid attention to this but I am surprised that any division 1 wrestlers would want a hand up after getting pinned

Just now, hammerlockthree said:

It's not very respectful to play dumb to extend an argument.

I'm not, I'm seriously asking who specifically you consider tremendous sportsmen currently wrestling in the NCAA. You explained the behaviors of a sportsman very clearly. Now could you provide some real life examples of individuals who display these behaviors? 

1 minute ago, BigTenFanboy said:

I'm not, I'm seriously asking who specifically you consider tremendous sportsmen currently wrestling in the NCAA. You explained the behaviors of a sportsman very clearly. Now could you provide some real life examples of individuals who display these behaviors? 

Luke Pletcher outsportmanships Bo Nickal all day every day.

Just now, hammerlockthree said:

Luke Pletcher outsportmanships Bo Nickal all day every day.

Gotcha. Thanks! Yea I would agree. I dont think I've ever seen Pletcher act out one way or the other. Great example!

Edited by BigTenFanboy

3 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Thanks god there is one man left who can use a keyboard....(Eagle)

Eagle's take on the whole thing was very different from your original stance, but you cleared that up and recinding your original statement that the behavior was condescending.

24 minutes ago, hammerlockthree said:

Corps,

First off, I was wrong to say it was condescending that was inflammatory on my part. 

My main thought is that Bo Nickal has more reason than anyone in NCAA wrestling to show good sportsmanship. when his chips are down and he does it, praise him then.

I do agree that highly-accomplished wrestlers who are in the spotlight have a higher requirement to act in a manner that honors our great sport. 

Nickal and his PSU teammates are clearly the epicenter of college wrestling these days. 

There can be no doubt that thousands of wrestlers, parents and coaches are observing their every move (pun intended) and many will view them as role models. 

To that end, if Nickal ever throws another one of his unsat and amateurish salutes to the fans, I’m going to start posting photoshopped photos of him dressed in a sailor suit and Dixie cup hat!

Mr. Nickal, consider yourself warned!

Edited by Old Corps

The image of one hand reaching out to help another is interwoven into the fabric of this great country. Here is one such image in the iconic logo for The Boys and Girls Clubs of America. 

image.jpeg.11842c8e461575d0f0a7a5f6a63d9148.jpeg

And one more from the United Way showing a helping hand extended out towards another. 

image.png.ba8b79111d37f47ed28d87bf82a0612b.png

I think Bo's gesture is a sign of sportsmanship towards his fellow competitor. 

Just now, headshuck said:

If a dual with Ohio State starts at HWT and ends at 197, and Bo needs a major to win the dual but Moore stalls his way to a regular decision resulting in a tie, I’m anxiously awaiting Bo’s sportsmanship.

LOL, you are going to be waiting awhile.

1 minute ago, headshuck said:

If a dual with Ohio State starts at HWT and ends at 197, and Bo needs a major to win the dual but Moore stalls his way to a regular decision resulting in a tie, I’m anxiously awaiting Bo’s sportsmanship.

Well, I think we can all agree that if that happens It would be appropriate for Nickal to clothesline Moore when the teams do the post-match handshake!