Old Corps

Bo’s Gesture of Sportsmanship

9 hours ago, AIW-HS said:

It looks like a gesture coming from sportsmanship and respect. He competes his tail off until the match ends and then respects his opponent graciously. 

I agree.  I think it's as  'classy' as his wrestling.

3 hours ago, headshuck said:

It’s his little thing to let everyone know how special he’s become. If Moore had stuck Bo and proceeded to help him up, Bo would have gone ballistic. JMHO.

Um...we'll never know.

3 hours ago, headshuck said:

It’s his little thing to let everyone know how special he’s become. If Moore had stuck Bo and proceeded to help him up, Bo would have gone ballistic. JMHO.

Silly. Ballistics is what Bo used to NOT get pinned but rather to pin Myles Martin. That and hydraulics. 

Edited by TBar1977

On 1/6/2019 at 7:42 PM, Old Corps said:

Bo Nickal has been offering a hand-up to opponents he’s just pinned. 

He appears sincere while doing so and I haven’t observed any opponents who’ve been offended by this gesture. 

I think our sport could use more of this; a return to a higher level of outward mutual respect among wrestlers. 

Dominating an opponent, putting on a show for the fans while displaying respect and good sportsmanship used to be the rule rather than the exception. 

It starts with parents and coaches. 

Food for thought. 

"I think our sport could use more of this; a return to a higher level of outward mutual respect among wrestlers."  Well said Old Corps!

To me it looked like Bo was embarrassed for Moore. This was suppose to be a great match and Bo sticks him pretty easily. It was like Bo said in his mind : it's OK Dude, you're still a great wrestler"