141:  McKee DEC Murin

149:  Lugo DEC Thorn

157:  Young DEC Bleise

165:  Marinelli MDEC Brolsma

174:  Bowman DEC Skatzka

184:  Wilcke DEC Krone

197:  Warner MDEC Streifel

HW:  Steveson FALL Costello

133 (especially with the bottom issues), 149, 157 and 174 are interesting picks. 

I have Minn winning 133 and 174. 

I hope Stoll shows up. 

2 minutes ago, Housebuye said:

133 (especially with the bottom issues), 149, 157 and 174 are interesting picks. 

I have Minn winning 133 and 174. 

I hope Stoll shows up. 

I think Lizak's gastank issues are at play here.  However, if this were the NCAA tournament, I'd pick Lizak.  He seems to have all his issues straightened out by March every year.

Desanto has improved a lot on bottom since going to iowa, not sure that should be called a weakness at this point. Lizak's strength on top could still be the deciding factor in the match, should be interesting 

10 minutes ago, Perry said:

Desanto has improved a lot on bottom since going to iowa, not sure that should be called a weakness at this point. Lizak's strength on top could still be the deciding factor in the match, should be interesting 

He may have improved there. It’s hard to tell becuause he hasn’t faced any top 10 riders at 133. With that said I’m sure he is better, as he was terrible there (normal for tf) and he has Lee to train with every day. 

Lizak is also one of the best o myopic in the country  that combination seems like a bad one for DeSanto, but he is quicker, possibly better on the feet and has a much better tank.

A Lizak tech or a DeSanto tech is possible here 

1 minute ago, TobusRex said:

Just ASSUMING that Stoll wrestles and Brands doesn't chicken  out and he actually wrestles Gable...what do you guys think will happen?

Gable will dominate him.

He may control the match, but domination isn't happening.  The match up would probably go along the lines of how it went with Tanner Hall.  He will probably push the action, but Stoll will be very hard to move around and take down.  I also wouldn't expect RT to favor Gable.  

With that said, I would say the chances of seeing that match before March are very close to ZERO.

30 minutes ago, MSU158 said:

He may control the match, but domination isn't happening.  The match up would probably go along the lines of how it went with Tanner Hall.  He will probably push the action, but Stoll will be very hard to move around and take down.  I also wouldn't expect RT to favor Gable.  

With that said, I would say the chances of seeing that match before March are very close to ZERO.

I think Stoll is still dealing with knee issues. At 100%, maybe he keeps it close, but he isn’t 100% and will never be I don’t think. Guys as heavy as he is having a really tough time recovering from knee issues. 

I think the Hall match was close due to a combination of Hall trying to keep it close because Gable smashed him previously and Gable not executing well. It is more on Gable than Hall (and I’m an ASU fan). 

The only concern I have e for Gable is from bottom. He has never had issues here and trains with Tony Nelson on this I’m sure, but still. Stoll is enourmous and knows how to ride. Gable is a true freshman. 

Still think it is a dominant win for Gable where Stoll doesn’t get close to scoring as Gable hits at least 2 takedowns. I think it will be 7-3 or something at worst for Gable. 

125 - Lee by dec. Russell should be able to avoid being taken down. If he's smart he chooses top or neutral and forces Lee to score without tilts.
3 - 0 Iowa
133 - Lizard is too much for DeSanto, dec.
3 - 3 tied up
141 - McKee by dec. Home gym and experience are the difference
6 - 3 Minnesota
149 - Thorn by dec. minor upset here
9 - 3 Minnesota
157 - Bleise by dec. Just not sold on Young just yet
12 - 3 Minnesota
165- Marinelli by pin-fall
12 - 9 Minnesota
174 Skatzka hangs on for a dec. I get the feeling that Skatzka is on a mission to lead the nation in stalling points given up while leading in a match
15 - 9 Minnesota
184 - Krone gave one away against Gravina but not this one. Wins by dec. This win seels the victory for the Gophers
18 - 9 Minnesota
Iowa is docked a team point when TnT repeatedly told to get off the mat area and to stop throwing the challenge block for stalling call interpretations.
18 - 8 Minnesota
197 - Warner gets his head back together and shows why he is legitimate AA contender. Wins by major.
18 - 12 Minnesota
285 - Costello asks TnT to pull Cassioppi's shirt one last time before he reluctantly takes the mat. Ten or twelve face smushes later Steveson finishes the match pin-fall
24 - 12 Minnesota

Sent from my LG-V530 using Tapatalk

Stoll is a Wrestler/Combat Athlete, wouldn't DUCKING an opponent go against the mindset of  a Wrestler?    I know Ducking HAS ALWAYS been a problem in Boxing usually for Business Reasons the Promoters and Managers don't want to put their so called star in with a High Risk opponent unless they get Money they can retire on. Apparently Minnesota's Lizak ducked Rutgers Suriano, they say coaches protect their athletes seed by not letting them Wrestle people they have a reasonable chance of losing to, but in the case of Stoll and Lizak the lower seed is ducking the higher seed, meaning they have everything to gain and nothing to lose,  Why does this happen?  I would think Wrestlers would not want to Wrestle for coaches who don't let them Wrestle the top people,  even in a loss you find out what the gap is, Lets say Stoll loses by 5, then he knows there is a 5 point gap, now just work hard and try to close the gap by Conference and just go for it at NCAA.

I get the frustration but wasn't Lizak-Suriano a skin issue?  is that really a duck?  I skipped out on a gathering for the playoff game to tune in to specifically watch that match so I was let down too.  Curse of the wresting fan sitting home alone to watch a matchup that doesn't even happen while friends and/or family get together to watch a different sport.  Nevertheless I assumed the skin problem was legit.  It hadn't occurred to me it was a duck especially considering Lizak has a history of wrestling tough no matter his seed at the end of the year.  

I'm not entirely sure sitting wrestlers who need time off physically, mentally or emotionally is something new, but the total disregard for the value of winning as a team might be.  Maybe backups used to be more capable or we saw coaches juggle lineups more to at least attempt to win?  Nobody is even pretending anything but the end of the season matters now.  

I don't think Stoll wrestles.  The mission to beat everyone on or off planet has been suspended.  

9 hours ago, ironmonkey said:

I get the frustration but wasn't Lizak-Suriano a skin issue?  is that really a duck?  I skipped out on a gathering for the playoff game to tune in to specifically watch that match so I was let down too.  Curse of the wresting fan sitting home alone to watch a matchup that doesn't even happen while friends and/or family get together to watch a different sport.  Nevertheless I assumed the skin problem was legit.  It hadn't occurred to me it was a duck especially considering Lizak has a history of wrestling tough no matter his seed at the end of the year.  

I'm not entirely sure sitting wrestlers who need time off physically, mentally or emotionally is something new, but the total disregard for the value of winning as a team might be.  Maybe backups used to be more capable or we saw coaches juggle lineups more to at least attempt to win?  Nobody is even pretending anything but the end of the season matters now.  

I don't think Stoll wrestles.  The mission to beat everyone on or off planet has been suspended.  

Lizak sitting out definitely wasn’t a duck. He didn’t have a choice. 

Lizak’s resume also supports he isn’t a guy who sucks  Minnesota as a hole doesn’t duck from what I can recall. 

Lizak sitting out definitely wasn’t a duck. He didn’t have a choice. 
Lizak’s resume also supports he isn’t a guy who sucks  Minnesota as a hole doesn’t duck from what I can recall. 

Maybe not a duck but something strange here. If you listen to matcast podcast from few days ago. They interview Goodale and Eggum.

Goodale says more guys sit against Suriano than anyone. He said he didn’t hear about skin condition until 5 minutes before weigh ins and it was Minnesota trainer that said he couldn’t go.

Eggum comes on later in interview and say they felt they covered up the skin condition and it was Rutgers call to not let him wrestle.

Someone’s lying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, pish6969 said:

Maybe not a duck but something strange here. If you listen to matcast podcast from few days ago. They interview Goodale and Eggum.

Goodale says more guys sit against Suriano than anyone. He said he didn’t hear about skin condition until 5 minutes before weigh ins and it was Minnesota trainer that said he couldn’t go.

Eggum comes on later in interview and say they felt they covered up the skin condition and it was Rutgers call to not let him wrestle.

Someone’s lying

Yeah I listened to that and they contradicted each other. It wouldn’t make sense for Lizak to duck. He would already be seeded behind Suriano. 

Lizak was also visibly upset about it.

i think both guys wanted the match, both coaches wanted the match and the trainers from one or both of the teams made the final call. They are very unlikely to be influenced by seeding implications. 

3 hours ago, iGranby said:

There will be some type of conduct, or bench warning in this match. Whatever it should be - it will revolve around Steveson, or the Brands. Possibly DeSanto(Who I low key think will win). 

Between this, the heavyweight match drama and the potential for minn to play spoiler, I’m inviting people over to watch this one. 

3 hours ago, pish6969 said:

Someone’s lying

Rutgers smells like the lying party here.